Welcome to Kanotix jerry525,
well I know the issue. The best/fastest solution is to make a new install with Acritox's trial ISO. That's not an official ISO, just for testing purpose, but it is quit good at the moment. You can find the ISOs here http://kanotix.acritox.com/
If you do not want to use one of these images and stay with the official ISOs you need to do some updates, cause these ISOs are from May 2011. Best way is to visit our IRC and see the instructions from the bot. Just type as message the following step by step
1. "!hellfire" - see instruction nr. 1 for an up-to-date sources.list
2. "!bpo" - to enable Debian backports repo (needed for updating Mozilla apps)
3. "!icedove" - adds repo entrie for Icedove updates
At this point you should make your dist-upgrade and than continue with next steps.
4. "!kernel" - to get the latest stable kernel, or "!daily" for 3.1rc daily build kernel
5. "!nvidia" or "!ati" for new graphic driver
As you see a big list to do. This will take defiantly more time than a new install with the mentioned ISOs.
PS: if you not familiar with IRC, please take a look to this wiki page Kanotix IRC Channel