02.04.2024, 15:06 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
2radical
Titel: list-bugs  BeitragVerfasst am: 28.05.2006, 04:07 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Dez 2005
I went to do a init 3 dist-upgrade & list-bugs showed a lot of grave bugs in what was to be installed so I aborted it. This is the first time I've tried to do a dist-upgrade after installing apt-listbugs. I'm unable to copy & paste in init 3 to show the output, but it looked pretty ominous to me. I'm wondering if others have experience with this.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
h2
Titel: RE: list-bugs  BeitragVerfasst am: 28.05.2006, 04:19 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Mar 2005

apt-get dist-upgrade | tee errorfile.txt

make path to errorfile.txt be something you know the location of, absolute path that is.

I think that's how you capture the output.

I think, however, that if you could see the known bugs on ANY platform, osx, windows xp, vista, linux, debian, whatever, you'd also see a list of terrifying looking bugs.

Bugs are part of software, and the more complex software gets, the more bugs it tends to have.

It's actually gotten to the point were somebody recently suggested that the linux kernel put a freeze on the next version and just dedicate the next major update/upgrade of the kernel to only bug-fixes.

Keep in mind, you never see public lists of windows bugs, adobe bugs, and so on. And even when you do, those are only the publically known ones.

2radical
Titel: RE: list-bugs  BeitragVerfasst am: 28.05.2006, 07:22 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Dez 2005
h2: Thanks for the tip to output to a file.
Maybe I should just uninstall apt-listbugs...

devil
Titel: RE: list-bugs  BeitragVerfasst am: 28.05.2006, 07:46 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 06. Mai 2005
2 radical,
i would, because it just puzzles you, if you dont have much knowledge on the oblected apps.

greetz
devil

Host/Kernel/OS "devilsbox" running[2.6.19-rc1-git5-kanotix-1KANOTIX-2006-01-RC4 ]
CPU Info AMD Athlon 64 3000+ clocked at [ 803.744 MHz ]

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.