19.03.2024, 07:39 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
rcdeacon
Titel: Acer Laptop  BeitragVerfasst am: 31.05.2006, 12:51 Uhr

Anmeldung: 01. Jul 2005
I have an Acer 5002 WLMi laptop that will not connect to the internet while running Kanoitix live. I tried the card configuration to no avail. Can anyone lend some help? Thanks.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Crust
Titel: RE: Acer Laptop  BeitragVerfasst am: 31.05.2006, 15:49 Uhr

Anmeldung: 20. Okt 2005

You probably need to use ndiswrapper.

As root, navigate to the directory where the windows drivers are stored and run:

ndiswrapper -i bcmwl5.inf

“ndiswrapper -l” should show:

Installed ndis drivers:
2802w driver present
bcmwl5 driver present, hardware present

optional: You can remove the 2802w driver with ndiswrapper -e 2802w

modprobe ndiswrapper
iwconfig (to confirm that everything is working)

Note: The wireless adapter is now known as lan1, not wlan0

Type “iwlist scan” to scan for networks

You can either set up your wireless with iwconfig in the Konsole or KwiFiManager (Underneath the internet -> more applications menu in KDE)

Type “dhclient lan1” to obtain an ip through dhcp

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
rcdeacon
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 31.05.2006, 18:36 Uhr

Anmeldung: 01. Jul 2005
Crust, thanks for the reply. Although I have never used ndiswrapper before I think you have given me sufficient information to make that happen but what do I need to do in order to install Kanotix to this laptop WITHOUT xp? The ultimate goal is to be windows free and I want to make sure my laptop's hardware will not be a show stopper. Thanks again for your valuable help.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Crust
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 31.05.2006, 19:55 Uhr

Anmeldung: 20. Okt 2005

Just copy the windows driver. You only need the driver files.

-Crust

jiro
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 01.06.2006, 03:55 Uhr

Anmeldung: 27. Jun 2005

re networking: if using ndiswrapper doesn't work you may need to downgrade your kernel to 2.6.15-6-kanotix-1. I have a TravelMate 632 laptop with onboard wireless and any kernel newer than that kills my wireless. but maybe your laptop has a different wireless chip and ndiswrapper will work for you...

re dumping WinXP: I do not recommend that. better leave it installed on your laptop as a fallback for when your linux setup crashes ("when" not "if" because running a cutting edge OS such as kanotix means that your system will probably need to reinstalled every few months - which is not that big a deal but it's nice to have a second OS to fall back on in an emergency.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.