19.03.2024, 08:36 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
shame
Titel: Partitions auto-mounting against my wishes  BeitragVerfasst am: 07.06.2006, 02:22 Uhr

Anmeldung: 16. Apr 2006
As well as kanotix I have several other partitions on 2 drives, 1 for suse, 1 for ubuntu,
1 for slackware, 2 spare ones and a shared partition.
All partitions except the shared one are set to noauto in fstab but all partitions are automatically mounted when I start up kanotix.
I can't work out why. It has only recently being doing this.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
schnorrer
Titel: Partitions auto-mounting against my wishes  BeitragVerfasst am: 07.06.2006, 09:39 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

As long as /etc/fstab contains the unwanted Partitions, they will always be mounted.
Just comment them in /etc/fstab out.

Neuer_User
Titel: RE: Partitions auto-mounting against my wishes  BeitragVerfasst am: 07.06.2006, 09:42 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Nov 2004

Are you sure that the partitions with the "noauto" option are really mounted? Or are they just shown on the desktop because kde is set to also show unmounted harddisks? Check with "mount" command on the console.

severin
Titel: RE: Partitions auto-mounting against my wishes  BeitragVerfasst am: 07.06.2006, 10:01 Uhr

Anmeldung: 18. Mar 2004

@shame: I agree in that partitions set to noauto shouldn't get mounted (schnorrer was wrong on that bit). Maybe some udev weirdness? (unless Neuer_User's hint works out, that is)

No clue what I'm talking about? New to Linux? Check http://kanotix.com/index.php?module=pnW ... ForDummies for a glossary.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen ICQ-Nummer 
shame
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 07.06.2006, 15:40 Uhr

@ schnorrer
The partitions are wanted, I just don't want them automounted so I want them in fstab.

@ Neuer_User
This is how I first noticed the problem, when mounting partitions I was told they are already mounted then I checked all the partitions and they are all mounted every boot.

@ severin
udev may be the cause but I'm not sure what to do about it. I've never touched udev config so I don't know what would have caused the problem.
I've also noticed on boot that there are errors about usbfs and sysfs already being mounted.

kilgoretrout
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 07.06.2006, 21:11 Uhr

Anmeldung: 28. Jul 2005

Post your fstab; maybe someone will see something you've overlooked.

shame
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 07.06.2006, 23:44 Uhr

Well I solved the problem, some time ago I had some problems with partitions ot mounting at all and had copied entries from suse's fstab.
I've restored my original fstab from a backup and it's now partitons are no longer auto-mounting.
What I don't understand though, is that with the same entries on suse, partitions are not auto-mounting but they were in kanotix.
Also the the errors on boot about sysfs are still there, I tried changing that to noauto but I get errors about /dev not being able to mount without /sys
Just out of interest, this is one of the lines from a suse's fstab, that doesn't automount on suse but does on kanotix -
Code:
/dev/hda4       /media/ubuntu   ext3    noauto,user,noatime,data=writeback

And this is the entry from my kanotix backup, which is now working -
Code:
/dev/hda4       /media/ubuntu   ext3    defaults,noauto,noatime,data=writeback

schnorrer
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 08.06.2006, 02:26 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

The first thing after FFormat is who can mount the dev than how/who can mount last but not least the other options.

Why the suse mount only works with suse, is how suse handles the script, i.o.w. suse uses an other automaounter from te beginning.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.