28.03.2024, 18:22 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
danib
Titel: windows wont load gos bak to grub menu[(kind of)solvd]  BeitragVerfasst am: 10.06.2006, 01:57 Uhr

Anmeldung: 10. Jun 2006

1 sorry for the spelling but without windows I don't have any spell checker Traurig
2 as mentioned in the subject when using the windows line in the grub menu windows doesn't get loaded and I get back to the grub menu any advice on how to fix this?

title Microsoft Windows XP Professional
root (hd0,0)
savedefault
makeactive
chainloader +1

and
tile Microsoft Windows XP Professional
rootnoverify (hd0,0)
makeactive
chainloader +1

I have win98 installed on hd0,0 (c) and winxp on hd1,0 (d)
If I edit grub to try hd1,0 it hangs

Re installed winxp. now I have both linux and winxp but I lost win98. Since I haven't used it in years I won't try to get it back.
Corrected the spelling now that I have a spellchecker Smilie

h2
didnt work

Zuletzt bearbeitet von danib am 10.06.2006, 12:06 Uhr, insgesamt ein Mal bearbeitet

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
h2
Titel: RE: windows wont load gos bak to grub menu  BeitragVerfasst am: 10.06.2006, 02:32 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Mar 2005

Try it with ONLY this:
Code:
title Windows XP
chainloader (hd0,0)+1

The other stuff you are using is for linux.

If the above does not work for you, let me know.

Comment out the stuff you have, all of it:

comments like this:
#title Microsoft Windows XP Professional
#root (hd0,0)
#savedefault
#makeactive
#chainloader +1

Edit this file: /boot/grub/menu.lst in root mode to change grub

Note also, that your boot.ini file MUST be located in what you are calling c:\ , windows 98, for this to work. If for some reason you had windows xp as the active disk, it won't work as well

Zuletzt bearbeitet von h2 am 10.06.2006, 02:35 Uhr, insgesamt 2 Male bearbeitet

schnorrer
Titel: windows wont load gos bak to grub menu  BeitragVerfasst am: 10.06.2006, 02:32 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

you can't start either XP nor W98, right?

Have you installed XP seperate on hd(1,0) or have you installed XP on hd(1,0) while hd(0,0) was aktiv.

In that case grubmenu should contain only LINUX and XP as bootable OS's and than XP-Bootloader schuld aktivate WIN98 or XP.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.