24.04.2024, 17:08 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Bam
Titel: Google Earth version 4 released for Linux  BeitragVerfasst am: 13.06.2006, 06:16 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Aug 2004

Runs fine in Kanotix...Download here:

http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
phen
Titel: Google Earth version 4 released for Linux  BeitragVerfasst am: 13.06.2006, 06:40 Uhr

Anmeldung: 10. Nov 2004
flawless! Sehr glücklich
damn good news!!

thanks Bam!

t-bone
Titel: RE: Google Earth version 4 released for Linux  BeitragVerfasst am: 13.06.2006, 07:46 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Sep 2005

Sweet! Thanks!! Sehr glücklich

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ-Nummer 
drb
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 13.06.2006, 10:22 Uhr

Anmeldung: 03. Jul 2004

Seems to work fine. Initially it failed with a message that video needed to be 32 bit - 24 bit is the maximum I can set my card to (mga driver issue for Matrox?). Setting it to 16 bit avoided the problem!?!

drb

wakarimasen
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 13.06.2006, 10:52 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jun 2005
Idiot question (sorry) how do you install the .bin file?

Neuer_User
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 13.06.2006, 11:10 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Nov 2004

As user (not as root) do "chmod +x" on the file, then just start it by calling its name.

devil
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 13.06.2006, 11:46 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 06. Mai 2005
...or cd to its dir and sh goo....

greetz
devil

Host/Kernel/OS "devilsbox" running[2.6.19-rc1-git5-kanotix-1KANOTIX-2006-01-RC4 ]
CPU Info AMD Athlon 64 3000+ clocked at [ 803.744 MHz ]

severin
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 13.06.2006, 13:41 Uhr

Anmeldung: 18. Mar 2004

@wakarimasen: to protect you from accidentally calling *some* binary while actually planning on running a likewise named binary *in your path* you have to specify the entire path to the binary; so make sure you prepend a "./" as in "./GoogleEarthLinux.bin". This does not apply to devil's tip, since he is in fact calling the *shell* providing GoogleEarthLinux.bin just as an argument

No clue what I'm talking about? New to Linux? Check http://kanotix.com/index.php?module=pnW ... ForDummies for a glossary.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen ICQ-Nummer 
t-bone
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 13.06.2006, 19:21 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Sep 2005

Worked perfectly for me! Sehr glücklich

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ-Nummer 
wegface
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 13.06.2006, 19:21 Uhr

Anmeldung: 02. Nov 2005

Crashes here when loading after its all installed. Traurig
Cant say anymore except it totally dissapears after the splash screen. running ati drivers etc.

piper
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 13.06.2006, 23:19 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 03. Mai 2005
Recommended configuration

* Kernel 2.6 or later
* glibc 2.3.5 w/ NPTL or later
* x.org R6.7 or later
* System Memory (RAM): 512MB
* Hard Disk: 2GB free space
* Network Speed: 768 Kbits/sec
* Graphics Card: 3D-capable with 32MB of VRAM
* Screen: 1280x1024, 32 bit color

1) Go to Google Earth Beta (Version 4) and verify that your hardware/software meets requirements. Download it for Linux and make it executable

2) As user open a terminal and then cd into the directory where the .bin file resides. example: cd /home/piper

3) type ./GoogleEarthLinux.bin (note the ./ before the command... this is required when running ANYTHING from a location not in your path. This is a Good Thing! Make no attempt to bypass this safety feature!)

4) Follow onscreen instructions.

Works like a charm, no problems at all Smilie

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
hubi
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 14.06.2006, 01:46 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Jan 2006
GoogleEarth does not help Linux, but it is awsome. What the heck are the military people seeing? I see cars parking where I'm working in Budapest, so: military is watching me walking in and out?

So, just for the record, here is my Kanotix-screenshot of GoogleEarth:
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/558/ ... ix19de.png

hubi

piper
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 14.06.2006, 02:28 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

The military has been doing this since the 1940's same with the wire tapping, every country has been doing it since the 1950's, why the people are just starting to notice this the past 10 years and not before I have no clue, but this has been going on for a very long time.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
hubi
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 14.06.2006, 02:36 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Jan 2006
piper,

in the 1940s my grandparents were happy that the Nazis were smashed, although it was a nightmare for my homecountry Austria, in the 1950s it was U2 flights, and the Russians were bringing down one of the planes. Early 1990s I saw a german TV report, and it was claimed, that two secret services are monitoring every phonecall in Germany. But being able to watch cars on the carpark where you work and knowing military is able to do far better ... that's not nothing.

Pilots and crew risked their lives to get pictures of Chrustchev's missiles in Cuba, now it's just ... there. With far better quality.

hubi

eco2geek
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 14.06.2006, 07:30 Uhr

Anmeldung: 02. Mai 2004
Don't get too paranoid just yet, hubi. What you're seeing on Google is definitely not real-time. From their FAQ: "Google Earth acquires the best imagery available, most of which is approximately one to three years old." (And you can be sure they make "sensitive" images, such as military installations, unavailable.)

You're right, though, that some countries (espcially the US) have almost real-time imagery available to them.

Personally, I'm more concerned about the proliferation of digital cameras, and the relative cheapness of storage media. There was a story on Slashdot a while back about how the British (who already have cameras everywhere to monitor their citizens' public behavior) are deploying a system of cameras along highways that will read peoples' license plates as they drive, ostensibly to deter speeding.

piper
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 14.06.2006, 08:35 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

"about how the British (who already have cameras everywhere to monitor their citizens' public behavior) are deploying a system of cameras along highways that will read peoples' license plates as they drive, ostensibly to deter speeding."

Many parts of Canada is like that also, that is how they nail you for speeding,etc.., there is a little town in Texas who is pushing to have them installed in houses, I give it less than 50 years, thank (insert your god here, I don't have one) that I won't be around to see it.

Gowator
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 14.06.2006, 08:55 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Mar 2004
eco2geek hat folgendes geschrieben::
Don't get too paranoid just yet, hubi. What you're seeing on Google is definitely not real-time. From their FAQ: "Google Earth acquires the best imagery available, most of which is approximately one to three years old." (And you can be sure they make "sensitive" images, such as military installations, unavailable.)

They certainly do not....
Perhaps you mean they filter the US military bases out but they are not filtering out other nations.
[quote]

Zitat:

Personally, I'm more concerned about the proliferation of digital cameras, and the relative cheapness of storage media. There was a story on Slashdot a while back about how the British (who already have cameras everywhere to monitor their citizens' public behavior) are deploying a system of cameras along highways that will read peoples' license plates as they drive, ostensibly to deter speeding.

These are already a reality on the motorways and in London with license recognition software included. Additionally all public transport has cameras and your monthly or yearly ticket is linked to your ID and bank account and once they bring in compulsary biometric ID cards that as well.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Yahoo Messenger  
wegface
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 14.06.2006, 11:20 Uhr

Anmeldung: 02. Nov 2005

fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for SelectTextureSGIS
[fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for SelectTextureTransformSGIS
[fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for ClientActiveVertexStreamATI
[fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for VertexBlendEnviATI
[fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for VertexBlendEnvfATI
[fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for VertexStream2sATI
[fglrx] API ERROR: could not register entrypoint for VertexStream2svATI

etc etc Traurig any ideas?

piper
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 15.06.2006, 08:29 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

wegface Smilie

What kernel are you using ?

Is this a lappy ?

What ATI card ?

Could you show output of

glxinfo|grep direct

Sounds like Bug #47371 not sure if this just effects Ubuntu or others

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.