24.04.2024, 18:19 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Mike Shepard
Titel: Opera Install Problem Fixed  BeitragVerfasst am: 29.05.2006, 04:13 Uhr

Anmeldung: 20. Mai 2005

Opera for debian install doesn't allow opera to load due to an error in the new version. I still think firefox is best, but I do use Opera for testing purposes. Anywayz here is the fix:

Get the .deb from http://www.opera.com/download/

Install it with "dpkg -i opera*"

It's currently missing the operamotifwrapper-3 plugin so install it with "apt-get install libmotif3"

Then redo the back link with:

cd /usr/bin
rm opera
ln -s /usr/lib/opera/8.54*/opera

and you should be golden. Enjoy Smilie

(the *'s are incase you get a different version, so to make sure it works for everyone)

-Mike

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
craigevil
Titel: RE: Opera Install Problem Fixed  BeitragVerfasst am: 30.05.2006, 06:08 Uhr

Anmeldung: 29. Mar 2005
Hm all I did was download and use kpackage to install Opera 8.5. I used klik to get Opera 9beta.

Opera gets used like one a week. Firefox rules.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ-Nummer 
h2
Titel: RE: Opera Install Problem Fixed  BeitragVerfasst am: 31.05.2006, 03:38 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Mar 2005

To be clear, this is what you need to do to fix the opera path problem after reinstalling it, or installing it if you are doing that for the first time now::

root@Box:# rm /usr/bin/opera
rm: remove symbolic link `/usr/bin/opera'? y
root@Box:# ln -s /usr/lib/opera/8.54-20060330.6/opera /usr/bin/opera

as Mike notes, replace the exact opera version directory number with the one you have. Why Opera can't get their deb stuff right is beyond me.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
anticapitalista
Titel: RE: Opera Install Problem Fixed  BeitragVerfasst am: 31.05.2006, 11:10 Uhr

Anmeldung: 23. Mai 2005
Which .deb of opera are you using?
When I used the debian sid version, I had problems when upgrading xorg. I had to remove opera so apt could finish.
I now use the static version and so far all is ok.

h2
Titel: RE: Opera Install Problem Fixed  BeitragVerfasst am: 31.05.2006, 22:20 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Mar 2005

that opera problem is another one, older, that was caused by an unnecessary opera file in /usr/X11/bin, removing the file allowed dist-upgrade to proceed, and x to upgrade, since x removed that /bin directory and replaced it with a symbolic link. The presence of the opera file in it stops debian from removing bin.

Opera really needs to get their a##es in gear if they want to play in the debian world, otherwise they should just release a zipped package like firefox offers for linux. This is the second significant conflict in debian sid opera, it's getting old.

anticapitalista
Titel: RE: Opera Install Problem Fixed  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.06.2006, 01:22 Uhr

Anmeldung: 23. Mai 2005
h2
Yeah I agree, but it seems to be a problem with the debian version and not the "static" version. No idea why though.

aYie28
Titel: RE: Opera Install Problem Fixed  BeitragVerfasst am: 19.06.2006, 09:26 Uhr

Anmeldung: 13. Jun 2006

I wonder why when i want to print using opera, there is no printer to be select in the print menu box......I can print using other software like mozilla, Konqueror, ofiice and more....

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.