06.05.2024, 19:10 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Chasman
Titel: Opera Printing Problem  BeitragVerfasst am: 07.09.2005, 02:09 Uhr

Anmeldung: 03. Jun 2005
I'm running the live CD (2.6.11.kanotix-7) and can't get Opera to print. I downloaded the klik version and it works just fine but it won't print. I entered the lpr -P lp0 command as is sugested and still nothing. All other programs print without problems including Gimp OO Firefox KDE and Word under Crossover. SAMBA works. My kids use my printer from their XP machines. But under Opera, nothing.

I tried lpr -P /dev/lp0 and lpr -P "my_printer_name" (from lpstat -a) but still nothing. From the command line lpr -P works just fine. Any sugestions

Frage

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
aYie28
Titel: RE: Opera Printing Problem  BeitragVerfasst am: 19.06.2006, 08:17 Uhr

Anmeldung: 13. Jun 2006

me too, faces the same problem...When click "control+p", theres no printer type in the printer box....It supposed to have 2 printer that i was just install to that system....and it print correctly with other software..

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Chasman
Titel: Problem solved  BeitragVerfasst am: 19.06.2006, 10:00 Uhr

lpr -P "my_printer_name" (from lpstat -a) works but you must make sure there is NO SPACE between the P and the name of your printer
Wrong: lpr -P my_printer_name (from lpstat -a)
Right: lpr -Pmy_printer_name
In newer versions lpr goes in the top box and -Pmy_printer_name goes in the bottom box.

aYie28
Titel: RE: Problem solved  BeitragVerfasst am: 19.06.2006, 10:16 Uhr

Where to type all this things ? at root or at printer box in opera ?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Chasman
Titel: Where to put command  BeitragVerfasst am: 19.06.2006, 22:43 Uhr

Put the command in the Opera print box. I am using version 8.52 downloaded from kilk.
Do this:
Start Opera
From the menu bar select Help then About Opera. Printing this page won't waste a lot of paper.
On this page select File then select Print.
In the box that appears select the Printer Program tab.
In first box type lpr
In box below type -Pyour_printer_name ** Remember no spaces **
Click Apply
If you are using an earlier version of Opera that only has one box on the Printer Program tab type lpr -Pmy_printer_name
Remember to get the name of your printer type in a terminal lpstat -a

To test it print the page under Help About Opera. It won't waste a lot of paper.
Hope this helps.

aYie28
Titel: RE: Where to put command  BeitragVerfasst am: 20.06.2006, 03:58 Uhr

Yeah, Thanks so much...Printer Works find now....

aYie28
Titel: RE: Where to put command  BeitragVerfasst am: 21.06.2006, 02:20 Uhr

I think we have great news...Opera ver 9.0 was out already :
http://www.opera.com/download/
Installation will auto upgrade the version we have to ver 9 version....
It's fix printer problem setting...and now it's detects printer's well Sehr glücklich

Chasman
Titel: Opera 9  BeitragVerfasst am: 21.06.2006, 10:09 Uhr

I'll have to give it a try.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.