19.03.2024, 08:32 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
zonker666
Titel: dist-upgrade,now things missing in the kde menu  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.06.2006, 23:22 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Jun 2006

I did a dist-upgrade using the kanotix-update-GUI, for some reason it didn't update the dpkg-multicd, python-qt3 and squashfs-tools, but i see in other threads that this is not unusual.
(this is on easter-rc4 edition)
The problem is that now things/links are missing in the kde menu, like vlc, adept update wizard and adept-notifier, im not sure if anything else is missing as im new on linux and kanotix. The tool for updating the menu in kde wont find vlc for me either but i can make it run by command. Id like to get it back there, tried reinstalling it but that made no difference. Any suggestions?
thx, zonker666

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
SaberBlaze
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 24.06.2006, 05:18 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Jun 2006

If you want to put vlc back into, say, the multimedia folder in the Kmenu, right-click > edit menu. KDE Menu Editor should pop up. Right-click on any of the programs under the multimedia folder and choose "new item". Name it something like "VLC Media Player". Where it says command, enter "wxvlc" (without quotes). For the icon, click the box next to the name and description text fields. It should pop up a window as you to choose icons from 2 categories, system icons and other icons. Choose the other icon option and you should see the vlc cone icon. Select it, click okay, then do a file save to save your settings. You should see vlc under the multimedia folder. For other missing programs, just make sure you know the commands for starting them, and do the same thing.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.