02.04.2024, 02:50 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
wegface
Titel: Check this :(  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.06.2006, 15:25 Uhr

Anmeldung: 02. Nov 2005

I stumbled across this by chance earlier:
http://pterandon.blogspot.com/2006/06/l ... e-was.html (scroll down to see kanotix review)

Not opinions i can at all relate to- and im sure its not me whos the minority........

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
slam
Titel: Check this :(  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.06.2006, 15:53 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Okt 2004
Could not withstand to comment - as I remeber him very well ...
Greetings,
Chris

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ-Nummer 
piper
Titel: RE: Check this :(  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.06.2006, 16:19 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 03. Mai 2005
Zitat:
Kanotix 2005-04
MPEG-1: Accessed the file. Worked flawlessly, including sound.
USB PEN DRIVE: worked fine.
WIFI: Worked flawlessly with the "iwconfig" command
CAVEAT: I believe it as a distro is not ready for prime time as far as offering support and interfaces in English. I left this distro for this reason.

If you speak German or don't think you'll ever need an upgrade or support, kanotix 2005-04 is the distro for you. The language barrier is not merely my own Germanophobic, cultural imperialism: I once seriously screwed up my system because of info they had hidden on a clunky, mostly-German web interface. Not even Paipix, made in Portugal, or Mediainlinux, made in Italy, or Knoppix, made in Germany, are so indifferent to English readers.
(I tried out the 2006 "Easter" version and found its hardware detection not as robust as the older one). Kanotix 2005-04 is still the first distro I would reach for as a rescue CD.

Windows people and their Windows problems.................

It amazes me how hard it is to look <--- left (non political Smilie)

I wrote alot more but upon review I deleted it. Winken

I guess I am a heavy (gasp) sinner, I smoke more than a locomotive. Hell here I come psfttttttttttttttt or am I already there ?

Windows has detected mouse movement and needs to be re-activated. To continue, please reboot your computer and re-activate.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
slam
Titel: RE: Check this :(  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.06.2006, 17:29 Uhr

Know what? He has deleted my comment!!
Well, actually that says all.
Greetings,
Chris

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ-Nummer 
slam
Titel: RE: Check this :(  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.06.2006, 17:33 Uhr

Just if you wanna know what piper (and I) wrote, here the original text of our comment - did I say I hate censors?
Zitat:
5:10 PM
Anonymous said…

The Germanic Kanotix Myth (by slam)

Well, I remember very well your ongoing complains about missing English support at our forums, while several native speakers tried again and again to assist you. And while you complained, others contributed a lot of editing, proof-reading and translations.

One thing is your personal decision to not use Kanotix any more - up to you. But another thing is writing a public "review" and advising English speakers not to use Kanotix.

We have a big and still very fast growing English speaking user base which is very happy with the fast, competent and friendly support it is receiving at our forums, the irc-channel #kanotix and our web site in general.

We welcome everybody - from beginners to pros.

Greetings,
Chris

10:55 AM
Anonymous said…

As an English speaker and a n00b to Linux I disagree strongly with your CAVEAT. I installed 2005-04 in December 05, dist-upgrade most days and still have a robust working system with no need for reinstalls; any (debian) problems are 'fixed' within hours by the 'team'; English speaking support by non-natives has never been a problem. The forum is friendly, helpful and informative; irc# responses are always relevant, helpful and have always got me out of trouble (even from command line during d-u).

I have installed Kanotix 2005-04 and Easter-RC4 on a number of desktops and laptops without any problems and would recommend it to any one - English speakers or not.

drb

11:42 AM

spacepenguin
Titel: RE: Check this :(  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.06.2006, 18:03 Uhr

Anmeldung: 10. Dez 2004
Slam, Piper, your comments are on the page...

Linux-Userin #213445
LastFM-Musikstatistik für Kanoten
Kanotix, siduction, Kubuntu, antiX

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
nemesis
Titel: RE: Check this :(  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.06.2006, 20:10 Uhr

Anmeldung: 20. Mai 2005
I just commented....couldn't help myself either. Ya'll speak better english than I do, but then again I'm from Alabama....didn't wanna say that there cause that would discredit most...well...everything I said....

Raunie

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
h2
Titel: RE: Check this :(  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.06.2006, 21:42 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Mar 2005

I would not bother spending time on that blog personally, I took a quick look at other postings, equally sloppy thinking and logic, linking to it will only encourage him, same with posting comments.

Linking to stuff like that just encourages them and makes them think their blog actually matters.

mdmarmer
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 24.06.2006, 01:58 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Mar 2006
I like Kanotix very well. Support is great. Everyone is very helpful, and Kano and those who work with him post frequently and are on IRC.

I wouldn't read that blog. I do have some Linux experience and speak a (very) little German, but I don't think either one is required to use Kanotix or to get great support.

Thanks to everyone.

Mike

jesseman
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 24.06.2006, 05:55 Uhr

Anmeldung: 01. Feb 2006
Commented.

Cathbard
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 24.06.2006, 15:22 Uhr
Artist
Artist

Anmeldung: 11. Aug 2005
What a goose. I think I remember this guy too. I don't need to explain why I think he's a goose; you all know anyway.

Edit....lol he deleted my post too. I couldn't resist it so I added a comment to his "where is god" blog as well. I told him he could probably cure this problem of imaginary friends with lithium. LMAO That got deleted REAL fast. I'm such a shit stirrer. Lachen

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Cathbard am 24.06.2006, 15:53 Uhr, insgesamt ein Mal bearbeitet

stryder
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 24.06.2006, 15:50 Uhr

Anmeldung: 26. Jun 2005

What have you against geese, Cathbard? Smilie

I checked out Kanotix because I keep reading that it is the best at detecting hardware. I have already tried and liked debian (through libranet) and since Kanotix is pure debian it seemed natural to use it. So I stayed. And found out for myself that it is as advertised.

Point is, the truth will stand. Lies, conjecture and slander will be found out by people with common sense. No need to get worked up at all.

Cathbard
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 24.06.2006, 16:00 Uhr
Artist
Artist

Actually stryder I do hate geese. A friend had some that used to attack me as a kid. That was when I learnt that you could feint with the left foot and drop punt them with the right.

stryder
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 24.06.2006, 16:30 Uhr

Anmeldung: 26. Jun 2005

Smilie Looking at your avatar I can imagine the sight of geese punted in the air...

piper
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 24.06.2006, 17:28 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Cathbard

And what is wrong with lithium Winken

Gowator
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 24.06.2006, 17:41 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Mar 2004
Yeah great album!

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Yahoo Messenger  
Cathbard
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 24.06.2006, 18:40 Uhr
Artist
Artist

LOL Piper.
I always say "if you're gonna yank someone's chain, yank the right one".
I think I set the world record for the fasted deleted reply. Lachen

nemesis
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 24.06.2006, 19:15 Uhr

Anmeldung: 20. Mai 2005
He's got a thread asking for help with a different distro....

http://www.kanotix.com/index.php?name=P ... highlight=

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
piper
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 24.06.2006, 19:20 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

I really like this one Winken

At 5:37 PM, Anonymous said…

Gentoo, you can't even use Kanotix (one of the easiest distro's to use) and you recommend Gentoo LOL. Kanotix
is one of, if not the best hardware recognition that a distro can have. Your so called blog on Kanotix is nothing more than FUD. You may also delete this (you have cut parts out of others) so you can try on this, it WILL like the other's be posted somewhere else in FULL

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.