09.05.2024, 15:00 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
aYie28
Titel: Problem after upgrading Software  BeitragVerfasst am: 28.06.2006, 04:22 Uhr

Anmeldung: 13. Jun 2006

Im just upgrading my software like k3b, kopete, kmail using "apt-get", and all goes well....i followed all the instructions like installing depency package and more...
but, when i'm rebooting my system, it's seems that i cannot log in as root anymore, it's not detected my usb device when i plug-in , did not change my refresh rate to what i wanted and a few more.....
Can somebody tell me what is going on ? and how to resolve that ? Sehr glücklich

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
devil
Titel: Problem after upgrading Software  BeitragVerfasst am: 28.06.2006, 06:22 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 06. Mai 2005
what kanotix version do you use and what kernel?
did you do a full upgrade (not recommended, use dist-upgrade for that) or just upgrade certain apps?
about root: its a feature, not a bug, you should never really log in as root to your system. you can do anything needed as root in a console. refresh rate is hard to set to 60 atm with the nvidia driver, mostly stays at 70, but thats not such a big deal.

greetz
devil

Host/Kernel/OS "devilsbox" running[2.6.19-rc1-git5-kanotix-1KANOTIX-2006-01-RC4 ]
CPU Info AMD Athlon 64 3000+ clocked at [ 803.744 MHz ]

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
aYie28
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 28.06.2006, 06:57 Uhr

"root@permai:/home/ayie28# apt-get install k3b
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
gstreamer0.10-pitfdll: Depends: libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0 (>= 0.10.5) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libgstreamer0.10-0 (>= 0.10.4) but it is not going to be installed
k3b: Depends: kdelibs4c2a (>= 4:3.5.3-1) but 4:3.4.3-2 is to be installed
Depends: libdbus-qt-1-1c2 (>= 0.62) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libk3b2 (>= 0.12.16) but 0.12.10-1 is to be installed
Depends: libmusicbrainz4c2a (>= 2.1.2) but 2.1.1-4.1 is to be installed
Depends: libqt3-mt (>= 3:3.3.6) but 3:3.3.5-3 is to be installed
k3b-i18n: Depends: k3b (= 0.12.10-1) but 0.12.16-1 is to be installed
W: Couldn't stat source package list **censored**sarge/main Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/**censored**_sarge_main_binary-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)"

That is the example for what i'm doing..and i folloed all the instruction...
i must do it as root, if not, i cannot use apt-get
can u explain " you can do anything needed as root in a console" to me, btw, im using kanotix ver 2.6.14, kanotix9, machine i686...

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
piper
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 28.06.2006, 07:11 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 03. Mai 2005
Hi aYie28

Due to legal purposes I had to edit your post a little
Sorry for the inconvenience, but we have to follow German law here.

Thank You Smilie

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
devil
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 28.06.2006, 07:19 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 06. Mai 2005
as i see from your output of k3b you use a (maybe more then one?)sarge repo in sources.list
that is not very wise and might be the cause for yer problem.
please stat kanotix-version and kernel.
you can either pn me your sources.list or come to irc #kanotix to straighten this out.

greetz
devil

Host/Kernel/OS "devilsbox" running[2.6.19-rc1-git5-kanotix-1KANOTIX-2006-01-RC4 ]
CPU Info AMD Athlon 64 3000+ clocked at [ 803.744 MHz ]

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
aYie28
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 28.06.2006, 07:22 Uhr

piper hat folgendes geschrieben::
Hi aYie28

Due to legal purposes I had to edit your post a little
Sorry for the inconvenience, but we have to follow German law here.

Thank You Smilie

mmm, it's ok, it's ok, i'm just new here, so too much to learn..about rules and etc...so, really appreciates that... Sehr glücklich

aYie28
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 28.06.2006, 07:34 Uhr

devil28 hat folgendes geschrieben::
as i see from your output of k3b you use a (maybe more then one?)sarge repo in sources.list
that is not very wise and might be the cause for yer problem.
please stat kanotix-version and kernel.
you can either pn me your sources.list or come to irc #kanotix to straighten this out.

greetz
devil

just pm the sources list...

aYie28
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 28.06.2006, 09:36 Uhr

Thanks so much devil28, now my upgrading software using apt-get was fixed.... Sehr glücklich

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.