28.04.2024, 03:36 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Pianolady
Titel: Open Office 2.0 print problems  BeitragVerfasst am: 21.03.2006, 03:52 Uhr

Anmeldung: 08. Mar 2006

I am unable to print from OpenOffice 2.0 Word. I can print from KWord just fine. Have 2005-04 installed on hard drive, using Canon ip3000 with the BJC-7004 driver & usb. Any ideas of the problem? Thanks.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
malo
Titel: Re: Open Office 2.0 print problems  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.03.2006, 20:16 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Apr 2005

Pianolady hat folgendes geschrieben::
I am unable to print from OpenOffice 2.0 Word. I can print from KWord just fine. Have 2005-04 installed on hard drive, using Canon ip3000 with the BJC-7004 driver & usb. Any ideas of the problem? Thanks.

Hello,
I have the same problem, even I use the latest version of Open-Office (2.0.2.) My printer is shown in the printdialog, but nothing happens. So I have to convert my document to pdf and to print from xpdf. But what's that? Frage
I'm wondering, that nobody has an answer to this question. Does nobody, excluding Pianolady and me has this problem.
By the way I also use a Canonprinter, but on my Parport

Malo

al3
Titel: RE: Re: Open Office 2.0 print problems  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.03.2006, 06:34 Uhr

Anmeldung: 13. Mai 2005

Is CUPS running? Can you print a test page from http://localhost:631 which is the CUPS interface? One last item is that sometimes it takes a long time for certain fonts to render on some printers. Try printing one page that has one line of Times or Bitstream.

Al

malo
Titel: Re: RE: Re: Open Office 2.0 print problems  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.03.2006, 08:45 Uhr

al3 hat folgendes geschrieben::
Is CUPS running? Can you print a test page from http://localhost:631 which is the CUPS interface? One last item is that sometimes it takes a long time for certain fonts to render on some printers. Try printing one page that has one line of Times or Bitstream.

Al

Yes, cups is running. Because it´s possible to print pdf from Konqueror. Wheater the testpage cups interface is working I´ll try this evening. But actually I´m sure it will work. I don´t think that in this case it takes a long time to render, because it works from KDE-Applications and KDE is using cups too. By the way printing from the browser Opera is working fine! The problem has to be another.

Greetings Malo

Pianolady
Titel: Re: RE: Re: Open Office 2.0 print problems  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.03.2006, 09:25 Uhr

Same here. All "K" apps work, and Firefox prints fine, test page always prints. Only thing that doesn't print is in OpenOffice. I've even tried clean install of Kanotix 2005-04, still not working. Wonder if it has something to do with the Canon printer?

Pianolady
Titel: Re: RE: Re: Open Office 2.0 print problems  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.03.2006, 09:29 Uhr

The pdf work-around works for me too. I rarely actually need to print from OpenOffice, so this will provide me with a temporary fix until I figure it out. Thanks.

malo
Titel: Re: RE: Re: Open Office 2.0 print problems  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.03.2006, 15:45 Uhr

Pianolady hat folgendes geschrieben::
I've even tried clean install of Kanotix 2005-04, still not working. Wonder if it has something to do with the Canon printer?

I remember some time, that it was working without problem. I used Kanotix 2004-03, but I don´t remember which version of OO I was using, it was in the last year. So, I think that in OO something changed, that caused the problem we have. So I don´t believe, that it has something to d with the printer itself.

Malo

Edit: I just tried to print the testpage from the cups interface. The page was printed like expected. So I need (or Pianolady too) more ideas what to do. Edit

Neuer_User
Titel: Re: RE: Re: Open Office 2.0 print problems  BeitragVerfasst am: 24.03.2006, 09:17 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Nov 2004

Well, just tried it with my Openoffice (v.2.0.2, german, from www.openoffice.org). Works (i.e. prints) without any problems.

malo
Titel: Re: RE: Re: Open Office 2.0 print problems  BeitragVerfasst am: 24.03.2006, 09:28 Uhr

Neuer_User hat folgendes geschrieben::
Well, just tried it with my Openoffice (v.2.0.2, german, from www.openoffice.org). Works (i.e. prints) without any problems.

Ok, I´ll try this. But is there a difference between the installation via apt-get and the packages from www.open-office.org?

Neuer_User
Titel: Re: RE: Re: Open Office 2.0 print problems  BeitragVerfasst am: 24.03.2006, 09:52 Uhr

The debian packages have been altered to exclude any non GPL stuff, e.g. the movie and sound options and (for a long time the help system).

You need to download the tar.gz archive, extract it and convert all rpms to debs via "fakeroot alien *.rpm", install them with "dpkg -i *.deb". There is one deb in a subfolder that contains the menu entries.

malo
Titel: Re: RE: Re: Open Office 2.0 print problems  BeitragVerfasst am: 24.03.2006, 15:08 Uhr

Neuer_User hat folgendes geschrieben::
TThere is one deb in a subfolder that contains the menu entries.

I tried to install the menues. But I got an error:
Code:
dpkg -i openoffice.org-debian-menus_2.0.2-3_all.deb
dpkg: Betrachte openoffice.org-debian-menus_2.0.2-3_all.deb, welches openoffice.org-debian-menus enthält:
 openoffice.org-core kollidiert mit openoffice.org-unbundled
  openoffice.org-debian-menus liefert openoffice.org-unbundled und wird installiert.
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von openoffice.org-debian-menus_2.0.2-3_all.deb (--install):
 kollidierende Pakete - installiere openoffice.org-debian-menus nicht
Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
 openoffice.org-debian-menus_2.0.2-3_all.deb

So what I have to do now?

Greetings malo

Neuer_User
Titel: Re: RE: Re: Open Office 2.0 print problems  BeitragVerfasst am: 24.03.2006, 16:12 Uhr

Well it seems to collide with the debian openoffice-apt archive. Deinstall all debian open-office packages first. Not sure, if you can use "dpkg -r *.deb". Maybe it's better to use kpackage. Select all openoffice-org packages and deinstall them. Then install the packages from the tar-archives (from openoffice.org).

malo
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 24.03.2006, 23:11 Uhr

OK I installed the packages. OO is starting well. BUt the printer still do not work. neuer_user: do you have any other idea?
pianolady: Did you perhaps solve the problem?

Greetings Malo

Pianolady
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 25.03.2006, 07:54 Uhr

malo hat folgendes geschrieben::

pianolady: Did you perhaps solve the problem?

Greetings Malo

No, I have not found a solution. I tried uninstalling all openoffice packages, tried new and older versions of OO with no success. Went back to 2.0.2 and am looking for a solution. I've gone into http://localhost:631 to see exactly what is happening when I send a print job to the printer, and it's showing up under "Jobs" as being aborted. When I try to Restart Job, I get "Error: client-error-not-possible". That's as far as I've gotten, been busy, but not giving up.

Neuer_User
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 25.03.2006, 09:28 Uhr

malo hat folgendes geschrieben::
OK I installed the packages. OO is starting well. BUt the printer still do not work. neuer_user: do you have any other idea?

No, sorry. I can just say (furtunately) this setup is working here. *shrug*

phen
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 18.04.2006, 17:34 Uhr

Anmeldung: 10. Nov 2004
leider kann ich nicht weiterhelfen, aber bei mir ists nach dem letzten dist-upgrade vor ein paar tagen noch schlimmer: ich kann gar nicht mehr druckn!

oo, acroread, kpdf, kspread ...

allerdings auch nicht via http://localhost:631/ - dabei hab ich den drucker in kcontrol eingerichtet wie eh und je!

edit:
-mit 2005-04, kde3.5.0, 2.6.15 gehtz einwandfrei.
-beim easter-preview wird gemäkelt, daß der foomatic-pnma-treiber nicht gefunden wird ("nicht an der erwarteten stelle"). installiert sind die treiber aber.

eco2geek
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 19.04.2006, 07:35 Uhr

Anmeldung: 02. Mai 2004
Have you tried running Openoffice.org's printer administration dialog, /usr/lib/openoffice/program/spadmin, as your regular user? Can you print a test page from there?

malo
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 24.04.2006, 21:27 Uhr

eco2geek hat folgendes geschrieben::
Have you tried running Openoffice.org's printer administration dialog, /usr/lib/openoffice/program/spadmin, as your regular user? Can you print a test page from there?

I just tried it. The Printer are listed, but I can't print a testpage.

Malo

kb0hae
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 26.04.2006, 07:09 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Jul 2005

Hi. You sai
d"I am unable to print from OpenOffice 2.0 Word. I can print from KWord just fine. Have 2005-04 installed on hard drive, using Canon ip3000 with the BJC-7004 driver & usb. Any ideas of the problem? Thanks."

Where did you get the idea to use that particular Canon driver? Have you tried any other Canon drivers?

I suspect that OOo may be looking for a function that the particular driver you are using does not support. I notice that OOo seems to bring up different display boxes than most other programs when it prints here.
I do not have a Canon printer here, but an HP 970cxi. Its a refurb I bought on eBay when my old HP 712c finally died. (Would still have the 712c, but the belt rotted, and I couldn't get a new one!)

Anyway, since I am seriously committed to using Kanotix (still have Win ME on the machine for now) I will always check for compatibility with Debian before buying new hardware. Meanwhile, you should be contacting Cannon and asking why there is not a Linux driver for your printer. So should anyone else with a similar problem.

Also, you might want to file a bug report with OOo.

Good Luck!

bluewater
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 26.04.2006, 10:05 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 04. Apr 2006
Not sure if this will work for Canons,, give it a go,, you never know

This is what I did

apt-get install hpijs-ppds

Then went back to Kcentre/perphs/printer
and added printer with the the appropriate driver in my case an HP Deskjet 948c hpils

Before i did this only the standard 948c driver was showing and it wasnt going to let me load it,, kept denying me and/or the driver didnt exist

with the apt-get install hpijs-ppds. i now also had a 948c hpils driver..it loaded in.

Kanotix 2006 Easter

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
malo
7 Titel: It works!  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.07.2006, 21:55 Uhr

Hello,
now I made an new instalation with the easter version, and I can print from OO without any Problems Smilie

Greetings Malo

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.