25.04.2024, 14:51 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
desmith1944
Titel: Qtparted and Gparted  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.06.2006, 22:17 Uhr

Anmeldung: 19. Mai 2006
Hi, I have been running easter-rc4 for approx. three weeks now and everything has performed well until yesterday. Qtparted and Gparted take approx. 4 minutes to load. I have un-installed and re-installed two times via synaptic. I have booted each program several times and it takes 4 mins. for them to load up.
I have been upgrading several programs with synaptic and I don't know if one of those programs may have affected Qtparted and Gparted performance.
If anyone has an idea that may help me I sure would apprecitate it, thanks.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
schnorrer
Titel: RE: Qtparted and Gparted  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.06.2006, 22:41 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

this 2 Progs. are for resizing a partition. QT-..Stands for the Program perted within KDE and G satnds for Gnome(GTK) version of parted.
They should only used for Partitioning.

desmith1944
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 26.06.2006, 22:50 Uhr

Hi schnorrer, ok I understand that but, I am concerned as to why the two programs take four minutes to execute. Any thoughts on that problem. They use to run very fast. Thanks, David.

wegface
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 30.06.2006, 10:28 Uhr

Anmeldung: 02. Nov 2005

i use cfdisk for that- it takes approx 0.01 seconds to load hehe. And i think the general opinion of qtparted/gparted is that its crap! desmith1944 i guess you musta installed a newer version since youve been uninstalling/re-installing it- who knows.

schnorrer
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 30.06.2006, 10:44 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

Those 2 programms(in regular 1) has only the funktion show and scan the scsi-, ide- and usb-ports for hds and partitions for informical. As with all options on, and some not recognised partitions this can take a while. But you can't boot this Progr.

If your BOOT-Process takes 4 minutes, some function depending on network and/or DVD-Ram can take even a longer time.

BTW: do not use synaptic for adding/removing/updating programms.

joer04
Titel: Re: Qtparted and Gparted  BeitragVerfasst am: 30.06.2006, 10:54 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Feb 2005
desmith1944 hat folgendes geschrieben::
Hi, I have been running easter-rc4 for approx. three weeks now and everything has performed well until yesterday. Qtparted and Gparted take approx. 4 minutes to load. I have un-installed and re-installed two times via synaptic. I have booted each program several times and it takes 4 mins. for them to load up.
I have been upgrading several programs with synaptic and I don't know if one of those programs may have affected Qtparted and Gparted performance.
If anyone has an idea that may help me I sure would apprecitate it, thanks.

I can confirm your findings but can't provide a solution too.

But I can offer a workaround. GParted offers a great Live-CD or Pen-Drive. See here http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php and give it a go. I did and was fully satisfied.

desmith1944
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 04.07.2006, 23:00 Uhr

Hi wegface, ok and thanks for the information, David.

desmith1944
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 04.07.2006, 23:05 Uhr

Hi schnorrer, ok thanks for the information. I do use synaptic so that is probably some of my problems. Thanks agian, David.

desmith1944
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 04.07.2006, 23:06 Uhr

Hi joer04, ok I will download that software and give it a try. Thanks, David.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.