01.05.2024, 03:42 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
nish
Titel: refresh rates  BeitragVerfasst am: 07.07.2006, 18:56 Uhr

Anmeldung: 18. Apr 2004

I have hd installation of 2005-4 that has been my secondary linux to either an old bughunter of maybe 2005-3 or something (is there anyway to tell? has been so long).

Recently decided to dist-upgrade the 2005-4 and make it my main linux. Went through quite a bit of ugliness on the initial d-u but it is now all upgraded and working, even printing. So I am keeping it, no question about it... I am keeping it.

One bit of oddness, had a very rough go on the nvidia install but worked it out with Devil's help, I have also upgraded the kernel. Reinstalled nvidia with just an error about something not being a symbolic link. I have acceleration but Tuxracer started crashing me to a login. Found it was the resolution/refresh rate. Reconfigured Tux for what desktop is running at and it is OK.

But...in display properties configuration dialog on this install of Kanotix I only have a choice of one refresh rate for each resolution. It is a high enough refresh rate to avoid eyestrain but I tend to get some annoying moire effects and would like to take it down a bit. As I said, I am not getting an option to. Modelines in xorg.conf seem to be the same as in my older Kanotix which is running xorg but not the newest version- I don't upgrade that old kanotix.

Any ideas what is holding me back from lower refresh rates in the configuration utility of 2005-4?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Kano
Titel: RE: refresh rates  BeitragVerfasst am: 07.07.2006, 20:47 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

Check output of:

xrandr |grep \*

nish
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 08.07.2006, 03:12 Uhr

Anmeldung: 18. Apr 2004

On 2005-4 it returns:
*0 1024 x 768 ( 260mm x 195mm ) *85

On my older kanotix installation on the same machine it returns:
*0 1024 x 768 ( 260mm x 195mm ) *85 75 70 60

It seems on 2005-4 I only get as a choice the highest refresh rate possible for the resolution, nothing lower. It isn't overdriving the monitor but the moire is annoying. Will live with it I have to but would like to get to the bottom of it.

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide.

Thanks much

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.