19.04.2024, 20:53 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
michael04345
Titel: after dist-upgrade Gimp unable to operate scanner  BeitragVerfasst am: 09.07.2006, 23:28 Uhr

Anmeldung: 16. Feb 2006

I have a epson perfection 1650 scanner which was working with Gimp without problems. However, after recent dist-upgrade the scanner can not be operated with Gimp. When viewing Gimp menu "xscanimage" I can see "device dialog" but when "device dialog" is clicked I get this error messeage: Plug-In crashed: "xscanimage"
(/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/xscanimage)
I can not see any scanner listed as available in this menu as it was before the upgrade.

I ran a couple of commands first "sane-find-scanner" and got the following output: found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x0110 [EPSON Scanner]) at libusb:001:003

Second command "scanimage -L" and got this output: scanimage: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/sane/libsane-epkowa.so.1: undefined symbol: lt_dlinit
I am using kanotix-2005-04 with all recent dist-upgrades applied.

The output is the same for root console. I am at a loss what to do now. Any help would be appreciated--Thank you

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
hubi
Titel: after dist-upgrade Gimp unable to operate scanner  BeitragVerfasst am: 09.07.2006, 23:37 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Jan 2006
You might alter your udev settings, I had to do that after upgrading to RC4. It's easy, just enter your scanner in:
/etc/udev/libsane.rules

Hope that helps, my Espon 3170 survived all last upgrades using an old epkowa-driver (people, don't kill me, just that driver works!).

hubi

michael04345
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 10.07.2006, 02:37 Uhr

I checked my libsane.rules file and found:

# Epson Perfection 1650
SYSFS{idVendor}=="04b8", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0110", MODE="664", GROUP="scanner"

I should add the scanner works well using Kooka but I prefer Gimp for my scans.

Thank you

hubi
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 10.07.2006, 02:49 Uhr

hmmm ... here I use the xsane-plugin, did not stumble for ages. So I might not be of help, that was my only idea.

btw: kooka does not work here :-/
hubi

michael04345
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 10.07.2006, 03:15 Uhr

I have installed quiteinsane and xsane and ran in console and it generates the same error message as above:
quiteinsane

quiteinsane: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/sane/libsane-epkowa.so.1: undefined symbol: lt_dlinit

and xsane:

xsane: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/sane/libsane-epkowa.so.1: undefined symbol: lt_dlinit

The errors seem to point to binary "libsane-epkowa.so.1: undefined symbol: lt_dlinit" But I am out of ideas of what to do.

michael04345
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 10.07.2006, 23:20 Uhr

Well it seems that another dist-upgrade today fixed my problem. I can now use Gimp to scan with quiteinsane or xsane without difficulties. A package called libsane-common (or something close to that) was upgraded during dist-upgrade today and repaired the problem. Thanks to hubi for a quick reply to my post. Sehr glücklich

hubi
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 10.07.2006, 23:42 Uhr

Great! Sometimes things are really broken and fixed with the next upgrade.

Enjoy Kanotix and scanning
hubi

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.