28.03.2024, 15:33 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
MarcM001
Titel: Boot doesn't get very far on Dell LS  BeitragVerfasst am: 11.07.2006, 04:55 Uhr

Anmeldung: 11. Jul 2006

The Dell LS is a nice old PIII with 256 megs. I have tried failsafe, dma, and the ide2 cheat codes but I keep getting:

Can't find KANOTIX filesystem, sorry. Dropping you to a (very limited) shell. ...

The issue may have something to do with the fact that it's an external CD-ROM drive. It's a proprietary cable that makes the CD drive into an IDE device, I believe.

Are there any other cheatcodes that might be appropriate? Surely I'm not the first to encounter this, but I could not find anything by searching the forums.

Many thanks!

Marc

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
devil
Titel: Boot doesn  BeitragVerfasst am: 11.07.2006, 06:43 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 06. Mai 2005
well, your error could mean, that your cd burn is no good. how did you burn the iso?
you have to burn it as image with dao option and not faster than 8x. dao=disk at once.
you can verify your disk by entering' testcd' to the grub bootline and let it boot.
if the cd shows ok, the there might be a prob with your drive/cable. i will have to look into that.

greetz
devil

Host/Kernel/OS "devilsbox" running[2.6.19-rc1-git5-kanotix-1KANOTIX-2006-01-RC4 ]
CPU Info AMD Athlon 64 3000+ clocked at [ 803.744 MHz ]

MarcM001
Titel: RE: Boot doesn  BeitragVerfasst am: 12.07.2006, 00:38 Uhr

Anmeldung: 11. Jul 2006

Shame on me for not checking the MD5 sum. Thanks for pointing out the possibility of a bad burn.

Marc

mzilikazi
Titel: RE: Boot doesn  BeitragVerfasst am: 12.07.2006, 21:47 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003
Try this cheatcode:
Code:
bootusb2

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.