28.03.2024, 15:35 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
aking469
Titel: Installation on Thinkpad R40  BeitragVerfasst am: 16.07.2006, 19:22 Uhr

Anmeldung: 14. Feb 2006

Well, I have gotten so good a reinstalling Kanotix that attempting things beyond my capacity are becoming the norm...unfortunately. After my last round of experimentation, I decided that reinstallation was easier than fixing my mess. So....I attempted to reinstall. Didn't work. Tried a number of different ways...didn't work. Ran into this before and worked around it. Never could figure out why. Most every thing I did resulted in the reboot telling me...No Hard disk. AAArgh. So, and I had read this other places, I went in and disabled the protected IBM recovery area....installation went just fine. Further, things seem to be running faster. While I like my thinkpads, they do tend to be Windows centric.

If you are having trouble installing on a thinkpad, disable the recovery area in BIOS, and you should have an easy time of it. It seems that this is an area at the beginning of the hard disk and some distros have difficulty with that area being walled off. Further, if you aren't dual booting, you probably don't need it anyway. I have never had Linux eat itself the way XP used to. Usually if Linux/Kanotix buggers up.....it is my fault for being experimental Mit den Augen rollen . Hope this helps someone.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.