26.04.2024, 22:30 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
2radical
Titel: minor annoyance  BeitragVerfasst am: 21.07.2006, 21:11 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Dez 2005
I wonder why upon booting I always have a desktop icon out of line--whether it be vertical or horizontal, I have to r-click icons to re-align them. Also with this current rc4 install I've been experiencing freezes where I have to hit my reset button to reboot. Last time it happened was on kanotix irc which was quite annoying. I lost all mouse & keyboard function & had to reset, which dirties next boot which requires another boot to get things clean.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
eco2geek
Titel: RE: minor annoyance  BeitragVerfasst am: 21.07.2006, 22:28 Uhr

Anmeldung: 02. Mai 2004
Regarding the icons, there's recently added KDE feature, besides "Align to grid," called "Lock in place." Right-click on an empty space on the desktop; from the context menu, click "Icons" > "Align to grid;" arrange your desktop icons the way you like, then bring up the context menu again and click "Icons" > "Lock in place." Your icons should stay put.

("Lock in place" will affect the icons in the kicker bar too, so deselect it before trying to rearrange them.)

2radical
Titel: RE: minor annoyance  BeitragVerfasst am: 21.07.2006, 23:34 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Dez 2005
Yeah I know about that--this has been occuring despite that config. oh well not a big deal but annoying nonetheless

eco2geek
Titel: RE: minor annoyance  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.07.2006, 09:50 Uhr

Anmeldung: 02. Mai 2004
It annoyed me, too. Try going to the control center, KDE components, session manager, and check the on login, restore manually saved session radio button. Then arrange things the way you like, and click 'save session' on the K menu. And if that doesn't do it, if it annoys you enough, you might consider moving or renaming ~/.kde and starting from scratch.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.