28.03.2024, 13:08 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
ugo
Titel: Problems with the wireless card of the sony vaio VGN-FE11M  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.07.2006, 22:59 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Okt 2005

Hi everybody,
Kanotix 2005-4 didn't recognize the wireless card of a laptop of a student of mine.
The laptop model was: sony vaio VGN-FE11M
and the wireless card: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Net

It didn't connect to an access point by DHCP, and netcardconfig has even not included the wireless card in its list.

This student has previously installed Ubuntu and with that he can use correctly the wireless connection. From his e-mail it seems that it has been essential to install and use the kernel 686-SMP provided by the Ubuntu repositories.

Please, don't ask me to give a try with the new release candidates of Kanotix, I'll not see this student for a long time (holydays plus other engagements...), so I can't work with such laptop in the meanwhile (I don't' want to force him to try, he's a linux newbee and he has to learn many other things).
I thought it is important even to just mention there is this problem with such sony vaio laptop.

Ciao,
Ugo

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
slh
Titel: RE: Problems with the wireless card of the sony vaio VGN-FE  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.07.2006, 23:52 Uhr

Anmeldung: 16. Aug 2004

You need at the very least kernel 2.6.17 (look at left pane) and the included external ipw3945* modules, which is in no rc or stable version yet (as the driver simply wasn't there when they got released). If the driver will work is another question, since none of us developers has an option to test/ debug it and we also got no conclusive reports so far.

ugo
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 27.07.2006, 11:40 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Okt 2005

That's very clear!
Thanks,
Ugo

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.