30.03.2024, 08:41 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
mt_deb
Titel: Kind of strange Nvidia NIC card forcedeth?  BeitragVerfasst am: 14.08.2006, 05:24 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Jun 2005
Well I think that is what it's called. I just got a new computer and for some reason I can not connect with the NIC card that it came with. It's an Nvidia and when I go to the network card config menu it shows it as a forcedeth ..........Fortunatly I have my NIC card from my old computer that I could pop in and that works just fine ( it always has) I was curious as to why the other may not be working ( worked fine in Windows, before I uninstalled Windows that is (grin) Does anyone else have this card in their computer working? I wonder if it is faster ? Like I said it's not a big deal seeing as I had my old one but I would like to find out WHY it won't work just because it's bugging me now. I wonder if maybe I should say "no" at the use DHCP prompt and see what happens ...........any ideas anyone?

Thanks
Deb

http://www.prettynewfaces.com

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
mt_deb
Titel: RE: Kind of strange Nvidia NIC card forcedeth?  BeitragVerfasst am: 14.08.2006, 07:05 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Jun 2005
Got it !

In the event someone else comes across this problem, What I did was shut down the computer and UNPLUG it. Wait a few minutes, plug the ethernet cable into the forcedeth port, turn on computer, go through the netword card configuration again saying yes to DHCP and low and behold it now works. Don't know if I have to do it again if I reboot or not. I read it has something to do with Windows and even though I had uninstalled Windows something needed to be reset ( hence the unpluging part )

http://www.prettynewfaces.com

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
devil
Titel: RE: Kind of strange Nvidia NIC card forcedeth?  BeitragVerfasst am: 14.08.2006, 07:10 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 06. Mai 2005
this behaviour is known with marvell driver/firmware. you could check, if your nic uses that.

greetz
devil

Host/Kernel/OS "devilsbox" running[2.6.19-rc1-git5-kanotix-1KANOTIX-2006-01-RC4 ]
CPU Info AMD Athlon 64 3000+ clocked at [ 803.744 MHz ]

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
schnorrer
Titel: RE: Kind of strange Nvidia NIC card forcedeth?  BeitragVerfasst am: 14.08.2006, 10:10 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

I've had no troubles with nforce2/3/4 Nic's, working perfektly. But what I had neverdoe, is using the nforce-built-in Firewall.(deactivated in BIOS by default)

Problem to install nforce-nic's only occure when a: using the builtin-FW ore allowing win to shutdown and poweroff the NIC. Poweroff from windows let cause the same problem on other NIC's, not manufactorer specific.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.