19.04.2024, 04:29 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
jbs1136
Titel: Writing .iso image to dvd in udf  BeitragVerfasst am: 30.08.2006, 21:56 Uhr

Anmeldung: 15. Jul 2006
I think the title says it all. Can I write an iso image file to a dvd-r using udf? Actually it is a download of Windows Vista rc1 that I want to take a look at. I have my dvd player on my kanotix computer and a cd player on the xp. Don't really want to take out and switch.

Thanks,

John

ps: did a search but didn't find an answer. Opened K3b but it didn't look like it had that option.

jbs

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
piper
Titel: RE: Writing .iso image to dvd in udf  BeitragVerfasst am: 30.08.2006, 22:41 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 03. Mai 2005
Hi John

http://neek.f2o.org/blog/tag/dvd-r

http://neek.f2o.org/blog/2006/08/28/vis ... -download/

I believe the copy M$ sent me was on a -r dvd, I can't check, I threw it out.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
jbs1136
Titel: RE: Writing .iso image to dvd in udf  BeitragVerfasst am: 31.08.2006, 06:44 Uhr

piper,

Thanks but I already have it. Did you see the prices they are asking?

What I was wondering is can I use k3b to burn an iso in udf. I don't really understand what udf is (I looked it up once but have forgotten, not really important). I used a program in windows xp to burn the beta version to a dvd but it wouldn't work. That was when I discovered it required a udf format. I just want to see what I am not missing. I already burned it from xp using nero this afternoon.

Thanks,

John

schnorrer
Titel: RE: Writing .iso image to dvd in udf  BeitragVerfasst am: 31.08.2006, 09:40 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

a .iso is a full image of either cd or dvd. no matter which internally format has the real media.

So you can burn an .ISO with k3b. a single klick on the .iso will open k3b and up it do his job. klick on bur-button with no media inserted, k3b tells you the type of media you need.

piper
Titel: RE: Writing .iso image to dvd in udf  BeitragVerfasst am: 31.08.2006, 10:53 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Hi John

My opinion, hehe. Don't burn anything in windows Smilie Pretty soon you won't be able to burn your bought & paid for media period or make copies of it.

K3b is awesome

Prices hehe, you mean this

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/index.php?p ... ag=nl.e589

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
jbs1136
Titel: RE: Writing .iso image to dvd in udf  BeitragVerfasst am: 31.08.2006, 23:33 Uhr

piper,

prices are about the same as what I saw. They got post to a blog in Canada and were taken back down after about 2 hours. The guy that saw it and saved the page converted the prices to US. It was just slightly higher than what Amazon is guessing they will be sold for. Just want to play around.

schnorrer,

Thanks for the info but I wanted to know what format it was burning it in. I had a problem one time in windows xp. I was using a backup program and it required the cd to be written in udf and required a third party program to do so. Not all of the programs will do that. I wanted to burn an image of vista rc1 to take a look and it has to be in udf format. The link to this page talks about udf and lists the known os's that support it. Debian wasn't listed so I was wondering if K3b would do it or write it in a different format. That was all. I did like what I saw with K3b and will use it for music and photos, etc in the future.

Thanks for the help

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Disk_Format

John

piper
Titel: RE: Writing .iso image to dvd in udf  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.09.2006, 00:10 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

John

hmm, if I remember correctly, I burned vista with K3b before, If you want, I can try it out for you to see.

EDIT:

Congrats John Smilie

jbs1136
Titel: RE: Writing .iso image to dvd in udf  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.09.2006, 07:22 Uhr

piper,

Thanks for the offer but I did it in xp. seemed less hassle. I have got to work on using k3b. I burn very few cd's or dvd's. I have done a few music cd's for my oldest granddaughter and a few iso images for linux. I do think I am through with those now.

Thanks. It seems like there are only a couple of us left there and I started to try to get some interest going. Glad you are still here for when I need help.

John

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.