28.03.2024, 08:01 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
zmef420
Titel: Fujitsu Stylistic 3500 Install  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.08.2006, 15:28 Uhr

Anmeldung: 26. Jan 2005

Hey All,

I recently purchased a used but nice tablet pc and I wanted to install Kanotix. Unfortuneatly, the machine does not have a cd-rom, floppy, or ethernet so traditional methods of install were not available. I purchased an adapter and pulled the drive and installed it in a desktop machine. I then preceded to install Kanotix (Easter) and everything went as expected.
Once I booted the tablet with the fresh OS I only have two major problems. First, and this is a bummer, the touch screen doesn't work. Debian includes a driver for my hardware, fpit, and I edited the xorg.conf but I have not had any success with it.
My second problem is the wireless pc card. I have a Liniksys WPC11 ver.4 (realtek 8180 chipset) that i actually read some where that Kanotix configures automagicaly. I tried to use the linux drivers made available from realtek as well as the ndiswrapper option with win drivers, and the card wouldm't initialize.
Help me pleae! I am so used to having my devices detected and installed. I need someone to point me in the right direction. Any advice will help. Here are some links to the information that got me this far with the respective devices.

fpit man page (with info for similar Stylistic 3400)

old how to for linksys WPC11 ver 4

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
ockham23
Titel: RE: Fujitsu Stylistic 3500 Install  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.08.2006, 16:21 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Mar 2005

O.k., here's what you have to do: Connect the 2.5" inch drive to your desktop computer. Copy the Kanotix iso file to this drive and add an entry to /boot/menu.lst so that you can boot with fromiso cheat code as described here: http://kanotix.com/FAQ-id_cat-63.html#q298
This will allow you to boot off the iso file, which will give you a LiveCD like system on the notebook you can use for testing (in combination with cheat code "unionfs"). When you're done testing, install from the iso. As you cannot install to a partition that holds the iso file, you will have to create at least one additional partition for this purpose.

I have a pcmcia card with Realtek RTL8180L 802.11b MAC (rev 20). It worked right away with Kanotix.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von ockham23 am 25.08.2006, 16:25 Uhr, insgesamt ein Mal bearbeitet

Kano
Titel: RE: Fujitsu Stylistic 3500 Install  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.08.2006, 16:22 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

r8180 kernel module was preinstalled on easter release (and many releases before). If you updated the kernel you might have forgotten to install that deb in the zip package.

zmef420
4 Titel: thanks guys  BeitragVerfasst am: 11.09.2006, 19:14 Uhr

Anmeldung: 26. Jan 2005

The quick response is much appreciated. Free Software comes with the best tech support, and it's even free!
:D
Well, I followed the directions on the wiki and was able to boot from the iso image but still had a problem getting the hardware working (touchscreen, 802.11b pcmcia, and sound). At our local lug meeting someone reminded me of the conflicts with power management and the possibility of disabling it at boot.
Unfortunately now I am having problems booting from the iso on the disk. I am fairly certain now though that my problem is from copying the cd to get the iso instead of downloading the image again.
No big whoop. I don't have much time for this project lately because I am moving but once I get a chance to try again I'll be sure and post results (or questions!) back here. Any input is welcome.
Thanks again.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.