19.04.2024, 09:09 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
littlepeon
Titel: kde saving session?  BeitragVerfasst am: 11.09.2006, 11:29 Uhr

Anmeldung: 29. Aug 2006

hey,
k, kindda have a problem...not a biggie, but i dont know what's going on.
i dropped the keyboard to the computer, and when i picked it up, computer rebooted..
no biggie --no files were erased, but now whenever i reboot, the same programs open up and sit on the kde taskbar..
if i close them and then reboot, they open back up automatically when kde starts....

like i said not a biggie, but i happen to have had 3 browsers (opera, firefox and dillo) 2 terminal sessions and xmms open and it REALLY is a pain 2 close these down when i reboot (pentium 2 w/64mb ram--so i have 2 reboot alot)

how do i fix this
-lilpeon

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Swynndla
Titel: RE: kde saving session?  BeitragVerfasst am: 11.09.2006, 11:37 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Dez 2005
How are you rebooting? ... if you force a sudden reboot (eg reset switch) then kde doesn't have time to remember which apps you have open and closed. If you reboot properly, with K > Log Out > Restart, then kde is supposed to remember.

jackiebrown
Titel: RE: kde saving session?  BeitragVerfasst am: 11.09.2006, 19:36 Uhr

Anmeldung: 13. Mai 2005
you can also got to kcontrol and spefiy start with empy session.

That's what I do.

Anything I want to autostart I have in my autostart folder

Swynndla
Titel: RE: kde saving session?  BeitragVerfasst am: 12.09.2006, 01:43 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Dez 2005
I have a few things I want opened on startup that would be tedious to open each time (eg konsole with several tabs, some apps on Desktop 1 and some and 2 etc).

I found these instructions:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-linux&m ... 10&w=2
Zitat:
Control Centre > KDE Components > Session Manager. There you have three choices for "on login" : restore previous session; restore manually saved session; start with empty session. If you pick the middle one, then an additional item appears in the K-Menu called "Save session". Click on this and your session as saved here will be restored when you re-start.

This works great ... always starting up with what I want, and it doesn't matter how I shut down the computer, or what apps I had openned at the time!

littlepeon
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 12.09.2006, 02:34 Uhr

Anmeldung: 29. Aug 2006

hey,

went to control center and saw that it was saving a session....
must have been enabled when keyboard fell...(it had been on the floor for about an hour and the dog had pranced ontop of it...so i didnt really know what keys/keycombos had been pressed in my absence)
was shutting down every window before rebooting (via logging out, going to another terminal(ctrl+alt+f4) issuing a shutdown or by having JUST frostwire running and computer locking up w/java memory leaks-only 64mb on this sys).
when the computer rebooted it, kde would open up the 3 browsers, xmms, shell and eterm on the taskbar.
i knew it had to be going back to that session from 3 weeks ago when it fell...but as i am new to kde (am former Corel and Libranet user--they both used cutomised versions of kde) i didnt know where to look to change this (well actually looked in control center but overlooked the CORRECT fix)

thanx for the help
-lilpeon

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.