24.04.2024, 00:06 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
mzilikazi
Titel: Microsoft Hard-Balling EU Over Vista  BeitragVerfasst am: 13.09.2006, 00:45 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003
You Europeans are so lucky! I'm moving to Europe.

Hasta laVista baby!

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Cathbard
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 13.09.2006, 06:26 Uhr
Artist
Artist

Anmeldung: 11. Aug 2005
So M$ are saying "do whatever we want or we won't take your money?". Why does that sound unlikely? M$ really do think they are above the law don't they? It is a sad thing when the law bends to accommodate corporations instead of corporations bending to accommodating the law. Who the hell do they think they are?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Roughnecks
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 13.09.2006, 09:36 Uhr

Anmeldung: 13. Dez 2004
I don't get it. If M$ wants to, let them lock up Vista for M$ software only!
We don't need even more market protection in europe, and especially NOT in the software industry. Unfortunately the EU doesn't seem very happy about the idea of free markets. Traurig

Cathbard
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 13.09.2006, 10:11 Uhr
Artist
Artist

Roughnecks hat folgendes geschrieben::
Unfortunately the EU doesn't seem very happy about the idea of free markets. Traurig

Neither does M$. Winken esp the FREE part.

slam
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 13.09.2006, 10:35 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Okt 2004
We don't need even more market protection in europe, and especially NOT in the software industry. Unfortunately the EU doesn't seem very happy about the idea of free markets. Traurig

Anti-trust and anti-monopoly law is always a vital part of functioning free markets, and Europe is simply enforcing them (finally!), while the US (based on almost the same law) does not - at least in the case of Microsoft. The history of this company is plastered with convictions for breaking those laws, but finally the EU had the guts to actually charge them seriously for doing so. That's why M$ is trying now to tell the world that the EU would be reason for their broken release plan. Next time they probably tell us that their bugs and viruses are the responsibility of the EU administration - haha Smilie.
Microsoft managed to entirely loose it's credibility with the EU administration - and it's costumers in Europe.
Greetings,
Chris

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ-Nummer 
Cathbard
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 13.09.2006, 11:19 Uhr
Artist
Artist

Here here, slam.
The EC are standing up for their citizens against the criminal and unethical business practices of a foreign company. They should be applauded for their efforts. Unregulated free enterprise means heading down the "might is right" path where justice goes to the highest bidder.
Let's not forget that the only reason Tim Paterson didn't sue Gates for fraud when he sold QDOS to IBM was because he couldn't afford to take on IBM in court. The EU are standing up for all the other victims of M$ that also lack the financial means to mount a challenge. It's time somebody called M$ to task. Go get 'em boys!!!!

titan
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 13.09.2006, 12:47 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Mai 2005

There is no way MS will not release Vista in Europe, this is even more rubbish than they normally talk. Just think of the thousands of multinational companies in Europe this would affect, probably with MS contracts do you think they would take this laying down, no way. MS may be a very big company but it has crap management. They live in their own little world and they are bullies but things are changing. Even in the states there are moves against closed formats, ODF for example.
How can what the EU are doing be considered protectionism, what European OS is the EU protecting, no, it is about protecting consumers from monopolies, at least the EU does this and I am thankful it does along with fighting the worst of the software patents. The USA, well it seems the dollar is king f**k the consumer.

piper
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 13.09.2006, 14:29 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 03. Mai 2005
titan hat folgendes geschrieben::
it is about protecting consumers from monopolies, at least the EU does this and I am thankful it does along with fighting the worst of the software patents. The USA, well it seems the dollar is king f**k the consumer.

So very true in a corporate country, $$$ means everything. This makes me sick.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Cuddles
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 13.09.2006, 16:14 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Jul 2004
Interesting!

So, if everyone doesnt like what M$ is doing, M$ is just going to go away? (yah, right)

As my SO just stated: "You's want me to break there legs Boss?"

(sounds pretty much like M$ practices to me)

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Yahoo Messenger  
titan
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 13.09.2006, 17:25 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Mai 2005
[quote="Cuddles"

So, if everyone doesnt like what M$ is doing, M$ is just going to go away? (yah, right)

/quote]

Cuddles, is this in the right thread, I just don,t understand what you mean. MS is not going away, nobody has said or implied that. It is MS that have said they will not release Vista in Europe if they don,t get their own way.

Ian

Cuddles
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 13.09.2006, 17:36 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Jul 2004
Titan,

Sarcastic, I am... M$ is not going to go away, they may have to "play ball" with the EC, and they "usually" dont like to play a game when they; 1 ) Cant win, or 2 ) Cant manipulate the rules of the game, so they can win....

I meant my previous post as a sarcastic remark to M$ practices and activities.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Yahoo Messenger  
Gowator
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 14.09.2006, 13:51 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Mar 2004
slam hat folgendes geschrieben::

Anti-trust and anti-monopoly law is always a vital part of functioning free markets, and Europe is simply enforcing them (finally!), while the US (based on almost the same law) does not - at least in the case of Microsoft. The history of this company is plastered with convictions for breaking those laws, but finally the EU had the guts to actually charge them seriously for doing so. That's why M$ is trying now to tell the world that the EU would be reason for their broken release plan. Next time they probably tell us that their bugs and viruses are the responsibility of the EU administration - haha Smilie.
Microsoft managed to entirely loose it's credibility with the EU administration - and it's costumers in Europe.
Greetings,
Chris

Gotta agree ...
Zitat:

In this instance, Microsoft is complaining that Kroes has not been clear enough with Ballmer about what it will take for Microsoft to win commission approval for Vista, the new operating system.

I think its been abundantly clear and M$ has chosen simply to ignore it thinking it will simply play hardball abnd hope industry in different EU countires campaigns on its behalf rather than trying to comply.

Considering the tactic used by M$ has been obfuscification aimed to simply draw out the process and non complaince its not really surprising that the EU commision is not willing to do their job for them.

Had M$ started off reasonable it would no doubt have received more help but when its primary tactic has been wasting time and resources and dragging out deadlines I'm rather glad the EU are putting there foot down.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Yahoo Messenger  
michael7
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 15.09.2006, 01:10 Uhr

Anmeldung: 24. Mai 2005
There's an old saying that if the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail. Microsoft's tool is and has been the bullying and intimidation hammer. It's worked great on other software companies in the US, many of whom it has smashed. It's worked well enough on the Federal and the various state governments in this country, too. How well will it work on the EU? I hope not a damn bit.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.