19.03.2024, 06:44 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
marcia
Titel: Connecting with Juno-Success  BeitragVerfasst am: 11.08.2006, 21:35 Uhr

Anmeldung: 19. Mai 2006

Dear All,

I usually use cable and my router to connect to the internet but storms last night knocked out my router-temporarily I hope. So, finally I decided to try getting my Juno account working with my lucent/agere modem.

I followed the Kanotix directions that were specified for these modems. I found instructions for juno and other isp's in kanotix forum so I followed those. I already had used scanModem to get info about my modem. It required the ltmodem and ltserial modules which are now automatically loaded when I boot.

I used wvdial as directed from the linmodem help page and found out that my modem was ttyLTMO and already correctly linked to /dev/modem. After this I went to kppp as root and started my account. I put in my username@juno.com for the username, then password, and made sure the correct dialup number was added including the call waiting number. I put in the number like this: *xx xxxxxxxxxx which dialed successfully and then I was able to use firefox. I am thrilled, because this is the first time in the 5 years of using linux that I was able to connect through dialup with linux. Hurray for such great instructions plus for having the correct modules already supplied in kanotix.

I am totally surprised how fast it is, too. My modem is a fax voice modem so, finally hopefully I will be able to use my fax setup in linux. I am very very happy with this success.

Thank you all in kanotix!

Sincerely,

Marcia

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
schnorrer
Titel: Connecting with Juno-Success  BeitragVerfasst am: 12.08.2006, 21:02 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

Congratulations. Runs better than on some labtop-Softmodems.

DeepDayze
Titel: RE: Connecting with Juno-Success  BeitragVerfasst am: 13.08.2006, 06:03 Uhr

Anmeldung: 08. Dez 2005

Those Lucent softmodems work very well in Linux as many of Lucent's chipsets are supported.

aking469
Titel: Way-to-go!!  BeitragVerfasst am: 14.09.2006, 16:47 Uhr

Anmeldung: 14. Feb 2006

I also posted some info on doing just that for Juno a few months ago. Did you find, as I did that my connection was nearly as fast as many "so called high speed connections"? Glad you made it work....the flexibility of Linux is amazing.

marcia
Titel: RE: Way-to-go!!  BeitragVerfasst am: 18.09.2006, 20:10 Uhr

Anmeldung: 19. Mai 2006

Dear Guerilla,

Yes, I did find that the connection was very fast and probably as fast as some high speed connections. Probably one of the biggest attractions of linux for me is the flexibility. Thanks all, for the good tidings .

Marcia Sehr glücklich

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.