23.04.2024, 18:00 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
moltas
Titel: deb amd64 sid kanotix  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.09.2006, 21:20 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Mai 2005

i downt run kanotix, but i do use a kanotix kernel. i downt know wat kanotix is. but i hav use dif linux os. and i think the kernel is a big part of the spes.os.
I hav folow the forum for the last month to see how you handel the dist-upgrad in sid. I am inpresd how fast the kanotix team find a skript to fix things. I do it my way and things work ok, it took a day to get x up after the last xorg upgrade, but that was a prob with nvidia glx.
But without your kernel i wod not hav nvidia working.
so think i run Kanotix anyway.
sorry for my bad spelling
Thanks
Bertil

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
DeepDayze
Titel: RE: deb amd64 sid kanotix  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.09.2006, 21:46 Uhr

Anmeldung: 08. Dez 2005

What distro are you using?

moltas
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 22.09.2006, 21:55 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Mai 2005

I am on debian 64, after i giv up the upgrade of kanotix 64, i dowt say that kanotix 64 downt work, it is. but i went in to trubbel. and i hav use deb sid on reiser4 for about 2 years. so did a netinstall and after that i install the kanotixkernel.
I hop the kanotix team will releas a new 64bit in 2006.
and one more thing, if you install the 64 bit, do a chroot to 32 bit and install a full gnome 2.14.
then you can do gnome-session in your chroot 32. wen you are up in gnome 2.14 in 64 bit.
it means that you have accses to all progams in deb. i know this is not the way in kanotix and kde. thats wy i use gnome on 64 bit.( to day my mailklient dident work on 64 bit so i chrooted in to 32 bit and did my work this is sid so you hav to backup with plenty of kernels and sytems. and allways a gentoo to loginto wen you haw to do your work.
in short
This is deb sid
bertil

slh
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 23.09.2006, 00:20 Uhr

Anmeldung: 16. Aug 2004

While the next release will cover amd64, reiser4 won't be supported anymore (until it gets merged into Linus' mainline kernel) due to serious data integrity and tool related problems (I've explained it further some time ago, although that might have been in the german part of the board).

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.