29.03.2024, 22:35 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
UncleDeadley
Titel: How to share files between 2 kanotix machines  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.09.2006, 03:18 Uhr

Anmeldung: 24. Jun 2006
What is the way to share folders/files/harddrives between 2 kanotix machines hooked to the same router? I knew how to do this using windows, but now I need to learn the linux way. I saw something on a debian site about NFS, and setting it up looked mildy complicated and involved getting several services started. Was that what I wanted, or is there another/easier way? Thanks.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
piper
Titel: RE: How to share files between 2 kanotix machines  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.09.2006, 03:46 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 03. Mai 2005
Does looking at the Nfs-Kernel-Server Howto help any

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
UncleDeadley
Titel: RE: How to share files between 2 kanotix machines  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.09.2006, 03:55 Uhr

Yeah, that's more my speed Smilie Thanks piper. I'll give this a try and report back. Where did you search to find that? I seem to have missed it.

piper
Titel: RE: How to share files between 2 kanotix machines  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.09.2006, 04:01 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 03. Mai 2005
UncleDeadley, I found that in the Wiki > Networking Smilie

ockham23
Titel: RE: How to share files between 2 kanotix machines  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.09.2006, 08:37 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Mar 2005

UncleDeadley, a simple form of file sharing is already built into Konqueror: Enter
Code:
su
dpkg-reconfigure freenx
on the server. This will start ssh and set up the freenx server. On the client, launch Konqueror and type
Code:
fish://[ip_address]
in the address field. Replace "[ip_address]" with the IP address of the server and you can access your files upon entering your user name and password. You can even remote control the server with NXclient from the Network menu.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
UncleDeadley
Titel: RE: How to share files between 2 kanotix machines  BeitragVerfasst am: 27.09.2006, 05:47 Uhr

Oh, ockham, that was just TOO easy! Thanks Smilie I also found this forum post relating to freenx: http://kanotix.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t ... reenx.html
and enabled the freenx server on my home machine so I can get to it from work. Are there any default settings I need to change so that I don't get myself hacked?

ockham23
Titel: RE: How to share files between 2 kanotix machines  BeitragVerfasst am: 27.09.2006, 09:18 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Mar 2005

Yes: Select a password for your user account that's difficult to crack (the longer the better) and create a pair of ssh keys as described in biohackery's how-to.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
UncleDeadley
Titel: RE: How to share files between 2 kanotix machines  BeitragVerfasst am: 27.09.2006, 16:31 Uhr

OK, I did the custom key as suggested in the how-to, and I'll come up with a bigger password. Thanks again Smilie

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.