19.03.2024, 02:13 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
conrad.geller
Titel: No-Eject Fix?  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.09.2006, 16:37 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Sep 2006
I just tried the new Kanotix a few minutes ago, using the live CD (a used an older version a few months ago, without much enthusiasm). This one looks much better, or maybe I'm a little more skillful at using it.
I want to use the Live CD a while, until I decide about it. Is there a fix for the no-eject CD bug?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
ockham23
Titel: RE: No-Eject Fix?  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.09.2006, 16:43 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Mar 2005

No, not yet. But you can copy the iso file to your hard drive and boot off the LiveCD with cheat code "fromiso=K*RC3.iso". Kanotix will run entirely from the image file on the hard drive. You can remove the cd from the optical drive after boot. By the way, "fromiso" will also speed up the loading of applications.

mzilikazi
Titel: Re: No-Eject Fix?  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.09.2006, 21:32 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003
conrad.geller hat folgendes geschrieben::
I just tried the new Kanotix a few minutes ago, using the live CD (a used an older version a few months ago, without much enthusiasm). This one looks much better, or maybe I'm a little more skillful at using it.
I want to use the Live CD a while, until I decide about it. Is there a fix for the no-eject CD bug?

It's a bug?
If you have 1G of RAM simply boot with the toram cheatcode.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
ockham23
Titel: RE: Re: No-Eject Fix?  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.09.2006, 21:40 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Mar 2005

You can also use them in combination to get a LiveCD on steroids: fromiso=K*.iso toram

mzilikazi
Titel: Re: RE: Re: No-Eject Fix?  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.09.2006, 22:27 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003
ockham23 hat folgendes geschrieben::
You can also use them in combination to get a LiveCD on steroids: fromiso=K*.iso toram

That is exactly how I boot to do an installation. The whole installation from boot to reboot takes < 10 minutes.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
ironwalker
Titel: Re: RE: Re: No-Eject Fix?  BeitragVerfasst am: 27.09.2006, 18:24 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Jan 2005
ockham23 hat folgendes geschrieben::

Tis how I always have booted te livecd,fast and fun.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.