23.04.2024, 06:31 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
bhintz
Titel: kpackage from cdrom  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.10.2006, 06:24 Uhr

Anmeldung: 24. Sep 2006

I have a debian dvd and would like to install programs using that as dial up would take days to install something like openoffice. Is there some trick to getting getting this to happen. I would also like to be able to use klik, but I keep getting sent in a circle. I have to install cmg as root, but there is no file in /home/bob/klik-cmg-install-root I also don't have _tkinter and have no idea how to get it.

any clues would be appreciated.

Bob

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Kano
Titel: RE: kpackage from cdrom  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.10.2006, 09:21 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

man apt-cdrom

tinker
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 01.10.2006, 14:27 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Sep 2006

If I may be so bold as to make this suggestion Bob, get the Kanotix live CD and boot into a working system. It's fairly easy to find a place that will send you one for a nominal cost, or a friend with broadband could D/L and burn one for you.

bhintz
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 01.10.2006, 16:01 Uhr

Anmeldung: 24. Sep 2006

I have 2006-01-rc2 installed on my machine because it works my modem (ltmodem) while knoppix does not.

Thanks for man apt-cdrom message - I will try that when I have some time.

Bob

tinker
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 01.10.2006, 20:53 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Sep 2006

Bob, before I posted my first response I did a quick google (about half a minute) and saw that a Kanotix CD with OO2 was offered for 4.98 on an AU site. I have no idea what that would be in your currency because I don't know where you are but there probably are others and that cost probably wouldn't be a deal breaker. I didn't want to post the link because I haven't used them and have no way to determine how long it would take to get it. It is only the last "stable" release, 2005 -04 but it occurred to me that someone who was asking that question might have a better user experience with the stable release. The friend with a broadband connection could still be a way to D/L what you need, once you have the debs for OO you could go from there. By the way, if you have sufficient hours from your ISP on the dialup, you could D/L overnight. There is always more than one way to choose to do things.

You don't mention which version of OO is on the DVD you have and in the past year there have been some version conflicts/problems. If you run into any of those post back and someone who has already sorted those out will help you.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.