28.03.2024, 10:07 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Zzapped
Titel: Noob needs help with small wifi issue  BeitragVerfasst am: 15.10.2006, 03:23 Uhr

Anmeldung: 15. Okt 2006

Hi all.
Im a noob to this so please be gentle, I have installed the latest Kanotix distro on my HP DV 5230TX laptop and am having a bit of a problem with the WiFi setup.

It took a bit of fiddling and reading to get the wifi to work but the problem is that whenever I start up or restart the laptop, the wifi will not start up automatically.
Once I have logged on to the laptop , I have to open a terminal and type in "ifup eth2 up" and it will then initialise the wifi card, get a dhcp address and all is well.
How can I make the system automatically initialise the card on startup so I dont have to do this ?

Cheers

Z

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
kelmo
Titel: RE: Noob needs help with small wifi issue  BeitragVerfasst am: 15.10.2006, 10:27 Uhr
Developer
Developer

Anmeldung: 01. Okt 2004
What is the content of the /etc/network/interfaces file on your system?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Zzapped
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 15.10.2006, 11:47 Uhr

Anmeldung: 15. Okt 2006

Contents as follows

# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(Cool, ifdown(Cool

# The loopback interface
# automatically added when upgrading

auto lo eth2
iface lo inet loopback

iface eth2 inet dhcp

wireless-mode auto
wireless-essid seti
pre-up wpa_supplicant -Dwext -ieth2 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -B

Cheers

Z

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
kelmo
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 15.10.2006, 15:19 Uhr
Developer
Developer

Anmeldung: 01. Okt 2004
You really want to change the last part into something like:

Code:

iface eth2 inet dhcp
        wpa-ssid seti
        wpa-passphrase yoursecretpassphrase

See /usr/share/doc/wpasupplicant/README.modes.gz for more info.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.