19.03.2024, 08:04 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
veloct
22 Titel: Simple installation question  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.09.2006, 15:56 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Sep 2006
I'm going to be installing Kanotix 006-01-RC3 later on today. Looking through some of the documentation, qtparted only will format the root partition. Does the installer give you an option to use cfdisk? If not, what's the best way to go about formating prior to installation? Thanks.

edit: my usual scheme is:

/boot
/swap
/
/home
(storage partition)

No windows on this pc Smilie

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
drb
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 25.09.2006, 16:03 Uhr

Anmeldung: 03. Jul 2004

try gparted in the installer or get the gparted LiveCD 3.1.1 iso

drb

mzilikazi
Titel: Re: Simple installation question  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.09.2006, 16:50 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003
veloct hat folgendes geschrieben::
I'm going to be installing Kanotix 006-01-RC3 later on today. Looking through some of the documentation, qtparted only will format the root partition. Does the installer give you an option to use cfdisk? If not, what's the best way to go about formating prior to installation? Thanks.

edit: my usual scheme is:

/boot
/swap
/
/home
(storage partition)

No windows on this pc Smilie

You can simply fire up cfdisk before you run the installer. The installer will see your partitions. If you use the text mode installer (best way to go IMHO) you need to edit .knofig by hand and add your extra partitions.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von mzilikazi am 26.09.2006, 00:24 Uhr, insgesamt ein Mal bearbeitet

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
ockham23
Titel: RE: Re: Simple installation question  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.09.2006, 16:58 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Mar 2005

There's no need for a boot partition if you use Kanotix and ext3/reiserfs for /.

veloct
Titel: RE: Re: Simple installation question  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.09.2006, 16:59 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Sep 2006
Either way sounds simple enough. Thanks for the replies.

NuxIT
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 16.10.2006, 02:42 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Okt 2006

I was doing a fresh install and now I get the msg I don't meet the requirements to load. Says I don't have enough HDD space! I never had this problem before. I always have dual-boot systems and whenever I install linux I free up a portion of one of my HDD to load to. Then the install script usually lets me use the auto partitioning to install onto the non-DOS/FAT/NTFS partition I have freed up. Now it's not "seeing" this free partition and says I don't meet requirements. I couldn't figure out how to format the 8gigs I had freed up to use using the cfdisk or the qparted partition tool. I could format the 8gigs to any file system I wanted and hit commit but then the installer gave me the same error of not meeting specs. Can someone help me with partitioning the 8 gigs to have the same file structure as this posters? I can only seem to choose 1 given filesystem or folder structure. Confused.

Edit. Ok. NM. I think I got qtparted figrured out. I sliced my 8gigs free on hda6 to be /home - 3.1 gigs / - 4 gigs /swap - 1gig. The installer is now working so I hope all goes well (fingers crossed).

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.