28.03.2024, 20:28 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
NuxIT
Titel: RC4 Samba problem.  BeitragVerfasst am: 19.10.2006, 06:39 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Okt 2006

I can't seem to get my Samba working in this release. I can't find the answer on here either or I"m missing it.

When I try to start samba I get this msg:
Code:
root@brits:/etc/samba# /etc/init.d/samba start
Starting Samba daemons: nmbd failed!

I went into control center and check the samba settings. At first it said samba not installed "smb.conf file could not be found". Samba wants the smb.conf file. So, I ran a locate smb.conf and found the file here /usr/share/samba/smb.conf

I choosed that in the samba config in control center and it reverts back to no samba installed everytime I go back in! grrrr

nmbd daemon resides here /usr/sbin/nmbd and is in my users path. I switched on file sharing in control center and told it to share with all users... I have no idea what's going on. I guess I belong on windows. I didn't have any problems with samba on the easter release.. BANGS HEAD INTO WALL NUMEROUS TIMES>
Sehr böse Böse Mit den Augen rollen Somebody throw this dog a bone.. Should i try the apt-get update or something???

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
arlekin
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 19.10.2006, 06:56 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Jun 2006
NuxIT,

I got the strong impression that your system is missing some packages ... when I search for Samba (e.g. in Synaptic), I get a list of packages installed by default: samba, samba-common, smbclient, libsmbclient, smbfs (amongst others).

HTH
Birdy

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
NuxIT
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 19.10.2006, 07:02 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Okt 2006

arlekin hat folgendes geschrieben::
NuxIT,

I got the strong impression that your system is missing some packages ... when I search for Samba (e.g. in Synaptic), I get a list of packages installed by default: samba, samba-common, smbclient, libsmbclient, smbfs (amongst others).

HTH
Birdy

Yeah, I checked that. Samba is definitely installed. If I run a locate samba it comes up with all kinds of stuff. Also, package manager shows samba installed. It just seems to come broken in RC4 2k6. I'm sure there is an answer but I'm at a loss right now.

EDIT:
NEVERMIND. I screwed up. I didn't do what I did when I used samba in easter 2k6.. which is go to the kanotix menu and choose samba configuration. This creates the necessary user files and activates samba. For those that don't know. Now I don't get the error and it's all good. Now to see if I can get CUPS to serve my printer driver correctly to my windows network machines. I hope so since I couldn't with easter.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.