28.03.2024, 12:26 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
kenyee
Titel: AGIGAUSB (Airlink101 Gigabit Ethernet USB adapter)?  BeitragVerfasst am: 20.05.2006, 15:36 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Jan 2006

Anyone get one of these working on Kanotix?

I found a post that indicated it works w/ Tivos which run Linux, so I was hoping it would just work like my Netgear FA120 does, but no such luck.
The post here: http://64.21.8.90/forum/showthread.php? ... post228095
indicates the /etc/hotplug/usb.map file should be modified but there is no such thing. There's an /etc/hotplug/usb.distmap file, but there is no ax8817x module listed in it Auf den Arm nehmen

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Kano
Titel: AGIGAUSB (Airlink101 Gigabit Ethernet USB adapter)?  BeitragVerfasst am: 20.05.2006, 16:05 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

try:

modprobe usbnet

if it is not working already.

kenyee
Titel: RE: AGIGAUSB (Airlink101 Gigabit Ethernet USB adapter)?  BeitragVerfasst am: 20.05.2006, 16:56 Uhr

Plugging the adapter in, then doing modprobe usbnet, dmesg|tail shows:
usb 1-5: USB disconnect, address 3
usb 1-5: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
usb 1-5: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

It doesn't detect the device or anything Auf den Arm nehmen

kenyee
Titel: RE: AGIGAUSB (Airlink101 Gigabit Ethernet USB adapter)?  BeitragVerfasst am: 21.05.2006, 20:23 Uhr

After further digging (and looking at the source code for the asix.c usbnet module Smilie, it doesn't look like this is currently supported in the latest kernel source code. The chip it uses is an Asix chip (like the Netgear FA120 10/100 ethernet/usb adapter), but it has a different product ID which is not in the product ID table in asix.c. In previous versions of the hotplug usb driver, you could modify /etc/hotplug/usb.map or usbhand.map, but those files don't appear in the latest version of Kanotix/Debian, so it looks like you can't put in products by hand any more (there's a usbdist.map, but it doesn't map the asix devices).

I'm trying to contact the maintainer of asix.c to see if he'll add the product code for the AGIGAUSB in next version of asix.c. I'll post here if I get a reply. If you need another ethernet/usb adapter, be sure to check the source code to asix.c (you can google for it) and look in the product ID table for what is supported. This is a spare adapter for me, so luckily I don't need it supported now...

kenyee
Titel: RE: AGIGAUSB (Airlink101 Gigabit Ethernet USB adapter)?  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.05.2006, 00:45 Uhr

FYI, the maintainer just added preliminary support for the 88178 based gig-E to USB adapters (pretty much all the gig-E to USB adapters are based on the asix 88178 chipset whereas the older ones like the Netgear FA120 I have are based on the 88172 chipset) to the asix module (if you want to try it, he posted the patch to the usbnet mailing list). It's not production quality supposedly, but at least it's in so it will be supported eventually...

mikeones
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 21.07.2006, 06:44 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Jul 2006

Any news on the status of these drivers being supported? I just pickedup one of these guys and would love to get it working in Linux.

kenyee
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 29.09.2006, 18:53 Uhr

FYI, this seems to be working in the 2.6.18 kernel...comes up as a network device named "asix"...

philverb
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 04.11.2006, 23:11 Uhr

Anmeldung: 04. Nov 2006

AirLink101: Welcome to AirLink101 Live Help
AirLink101: How can I help you today?
guest1: Hello. I spoke earlier with one person about using your agigausb ethernet adapter with Linux. Was it you?
guest1: Hello?
AirLink101: how can i help you?
guest1: I spoke earlier with one person about using your agigausb ethernet adapter with Linux. Was it you?
AirLink101: whats the model number of your product?
guest1: http://www.airlink101.com/products/agigausb.html
AirLink101: ok, how can i help you?
guest1: I don't need help --I just want to pass along information to you --do you have a knowledge base that you can supplement if I give you some information that would have helped me earlier?
AirLink101: i could forward it to my supervisor
AirLink101: he controls the database
guest1: That would be great. In accordance with the information at the bottom of the forum discussion thread at http://www.airlink101.com/products/agigausb.html, one can say "There is support for that Airlink AGIGAUSB product built into the kernel driver module "asix" that ships with the linux kernel < 2.8. I had been trying with a 2.7 kernel on Fedora Core 3, and although the driver was there, the model number given to the OS by the device is slightly different from the other products with the same chipset, so the driver never got assigned to the device and it was not detected as a network adapter."
AirLink101: did you get it to work?
guest1: Yes, I did.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.