16.04.2024, 07:17 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
gtarider
Titel: Firefox 2.0/Swiftfox font size problem  BeitragVerfasst am: 11.11.2006, 19:11 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Okt 2006
Hello, I have a very weird problem under Kanotix 2005 RC 4. By default there is Firefox 1.5 installed.
However, I really would like to use FF 2.0 for several reasons. I know that Debian doesn't support this version, and I do know that Firefox won't be named much longer as such in Debian and thus in Kanotix.
Now, installing wasn't that difficult, only when I run FF 2.0 all toolbars do seem to be in 800 x 600 graphic mode while FF 1.5 runs fine in 1024 x 768 mode (as does KDE). The content window however looks exact the same as with FF 1.5.
While I was reading another topic on this board, I came across a person who mentioned Swiftfox based on FireFox 2.0. I downloaded the deb package for a Pentium M as in my notebook and installed it with KPackage. No problem with this install either. However, can you imagine that Swiftfox has the same weird font problem !! In the mean time I already have de-installed FF 1.5 and deleted FF 2.0 but that doesn't solve the problem. Could someone pls. help me ? I'm really not an advanced Linux user.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
craigevil
Titel: RE: Firefox 2.0/Swiftfox font size problem  BeitragVerfasst am: 11.11.2006, 23:38 Uhr

Anmeldung: 29. Mar 2005
What font problem?

I have Firefox 1.5.0.7, Iceweasel and the Mozilla Firefox 2.0 all with no font problems.

Exactly what font problem are you having?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ-Nummer 
gtarider
Titel: Re: RE: Firefox 2.0/Swiftfox font size problem  BeitragVerfasst am: 12.11.2006, 12:03 Uhr

Hello, thanks for your reply. I also have Firefox 1.5.0.7. Besides I have Mozilla Firefox 2.0 and Swiftfox 2.0 installed.

I'll show you the font problem. First FF 1.5:

Then Swiftfox 2.0:

You'll see that the space that gets taken by File Edit View in the menu or the size of the bookmarks really gives me the 1024x768 versus the 800x600 "look" if you understand what I mean Winken

I really tried all the options in edit, preferences, content, fonts & colors (+ advanced) and the problem remains. Especially the fact that I like to have a lot of bookmarks in the Bookmarks Toolbar (Google, Gmail, Live Mail, etc.) is why I really would like this problem to be solved ...

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

kstevek
Titel: RE: Re: RE: Firefox 2.0/Swiftfox font size problem  BeitragVerfasst am: 12.11.2006, 16:15 Uhr

Anmeldung: 26. Jan 2006

Hi, had same problem while trying out swiftfox, fix for me was to type "about:config" in the address bar and in the following screens search box at the top type "dpi" this should give you one line that says "layout.css.dpi user set integer -1"
double click on the line and change number to 0, click ok then restart swiftfox.

hope this helps,

cheers kstevek

gtarider
Titel: Firefox 2.0/Swiftfox font size problem  BeitragVerfasst am: 12.11.2006, 20:33 Uhr

Hi kstevek, thanks man ! Indeed, changing the "layout.css.dpi user set integer -1" from -1 to 0 fixed the problem. Not only does this work in Swiftfox but also in Firefox 2.0.

Many, many thanks !! I'm a happy man Sehr glücklich

PS: this topic may be closed as far as I'm concerned.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.