19.03.2024, 10:12 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
SentralOrigin
Titel: How do I configure sound?  BeitragVerfasst am: 16.11.2006, 01:01 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Okt 2005
If I put the Master volume in ALSA sound configuration all the way max, turn up my software (XMMS) volume all the way up to 100%, and turn my speaker volume knob all the way up, my sound is very low. But when I turn up the PCM, it gets louder, but the sound becomes scratchy and staticy when the music gets louder. How can I eliminate the PCM and make the volume higher? The music is fine in Windows XP and is very nice sound. In Kanotix it's very good, but I can barely hear the sound, and if I make it louder with PCM, it becomes very distorted and bad quality.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
bluewater
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 16.11.2006, 08:23 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 04. Apr 2006
Sound can be a bit of a mongrel at times..

You may have to play around with the switches to find the ideal combination

The other thing to try is turn off system sounds in the Control Centre to have better playback

All system notifications and app sounds will be disabled,, so it will mean when you want System/app sounds working you will need to re-enable them.

and a Production Box, Desktop ICEWM::

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
SentralOrigin
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 16.11.2006, 16:39 Uhr

bluewater hat folgendes geschrieben::
Sound can be a bit of a mongrel at times..

You may have to play around with the switches to find the ideal combination

The other thing to try is turn off system sounds in the Control Centre to have better playback

All system notifications and app sounds will be disabled,, so it will mean when you want System/app sounds working you will need to re-enable them.

What sound switches? I tried everything and only 4 things affect my sound: Master, PCM, XMMS (software), and my speaker volume knob.
I already turned off the system sounds in Control Centre because the system sounds are so annoying.

mzilikazi
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 16.11.2006, 17:04 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003
Standard sound card config procedures here:
http://www.kanotix.org/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-20307.html

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
SentralOrigin
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 16.11.2006, 22:13 Uhr

Thank you I will try that

Cathbard
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 17.11.2006, 05:04 Uhr
Artist
Artist

Anmeldung: 11. Aug 2005
What soundcard or chipset you are using is always an important thing to mention. Sometimes specific cards have special needs.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
SentralOrigin
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 17.11.2006, 14:53 Uhr

The notebook base model is a Uniwill 245II0 with onboard sound and it is 3D Audio AC'97 V2.3 compliant, SPDIF Output. I have speakers plugged in

SentralOrigin
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 18.11.2006, 23:18 Uhr

Hmm...I tried everything...still scratchy sound

analogtek
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 19.11.2006, 20:20 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Jun 2006
Just a thought.. Take a look at BIOS setting's... Some have a speaker 2,4, 5 option. the surround sound thing is a possible problem.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.