10.05.2024, 06:28 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
bigrigdriver
Titel: Mouse cursor frozen at center screen on boot.  BeitragVerfasst am: 20.11.2006, 05:05 Uhr

Anmeldung: 01. Sep 2006

Running Kanotix 2006 Easter RC4 livecd, all works well. Running Kanotix from hard drive, the mouse cursor is frozen at center screen on boot (standard PS/2 mouse that I've been using for years, and works just fine under SuSE).

Error on boot: sysfs not started. Udev requires sysfs.

I've determined that I can boot to runlevel 3 and mount sysfs manually, then run /etc/init.d/udev start, followed by startx and the mouse cursor works. Warning on manually starting udev states this in strongly discouraged, results may not be as expected.

So true. Konsole crashes, as well as any attempt to use Control Center with Administrator privileges; but at least I can get the mouse working again.

The error in re sysfs and udev is generated by /etc/init.d/udev. I can find the script which shuts down filesystems, but nothing that starts sysfs.

Which script in /etc/init.d must I edit to fix this so that sysfs mounts properly before udev?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
h2
Titel: RE: Mouse cursor frozen at center screen on boot.  BeitragVerfasst am: 20.11.2006, 05:32 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Mar 2005

sounds to me like you installed using a bad cd. Did you burn the cd blank: Disk At Once [ or Session At Once ], burned slow, 8x? After doing md5sum -c on the iso?

sysfs not starting isn't something that would happen normally, so I'd assume your install is messed up, and bad burns are very common causes of this messup.

devil
Titel: RE: Mouse cursor frozen at center screen on boot.  BeitragVerfasst am: 20.11.2006, 06:38 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 06. Mai 2005
the 'sysfs not started' error has nothing to do with your mouse.
actualy it means nothing, because sysfs is already started, when the error comes up.
remove sysfs from fstab and the error is gone.
i would suggest bad burn, or try out other mouse, maybe usb-mouse.

greetz
devil

Host/Kernel/OS "devilsbox" running[2.6.19-rc1-git5-kanotix-1KANOTIX-2006-01-RC4 ]
CPU Info AMD Athlon 64 3000+ clocked at [ 803.744 MHz ]

spacepenguin
Titel: RE: Mouse cursor frozen at center screen on boot.  BeitragVerfasst am: 20.11.2006, 18:18 Uhr

Anmeldung: 10. Dez 2004
I don't have any experience with PS2 mice and Kanotix but to prevent my USB mouse from taking a nap in the middle of the screen I have to boot with noapic cheatcode.

Linux-Userin #213445
LastFM-Musikstatistik für Kanoten
Kanotix, siduction, Kubuntu, antiX

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.