26.04.2024, 15:18 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
LRC
Titel: Location package list file  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.11.2006, 05:42 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Apr 2006
I resently installed 2006-01-RC4 over my old 2005-4 installation. I seem to remember at one point the script mentioning saving an old package list file in some folder. Would anyone know which folder it was placed. I was n a hurry and didn't make a note. It is more as an instrest to see if there are packages I really would like back but cannot recall at the moment.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
gs
Titel: Location package list file  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.11.2006, 05:50 Uhr

Anmeldung: 06. Jan 2005

to my knowledge it is a text file which is saved in the /home directory. Somewhere in FAQ or forum - use search function - is explained what to write in a konsole to reinstall the packages, best after editing the old-packages-list...

Zuletzt bearbeitet von gs am 22.11.2006, 05:51 Uhr, insgesamt ein Mal bearbeitet

Crest
Titel: RE: Location package list file  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.11.2006, 05:50 Uhr

Anmeldung: 03. Okt 2006
Excerpt from the FAQ:

Reinstall of Packages Deleted During the Upgrade

With the help of this old-packages file, these packages can be reinstalled

# cd /root
# apt-get install $(<old-packages-yyyymmdd.txt

It is advisable before reinstalling to edit this list, so you can delete packages you don't want re-installed.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
LRC
Titel: RE: Location package list file  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.11.2006, 06:07 Uhr

Thank you. Hadn't even thought of that possibility. Next time I'll tryand remember that. Would make my life alot easier. As a side issue then, is there a way I can make a similar list, but of current packages. Would make my life easier to find out what I probably just as soon avoid from any mistakes I made last time around.

gs
Titel: RE: Location package list file  BeitragVerfasst am: 22.11.2006, 06:38 Uhr

Anmeldung: 06. Jan 2005

typing dpkg -l in Konsole shows all packages installed.
There is a thread on the topic, although in German, giving more details:

http://kanotix.com/index.php?name=PNphp ... +installed

mzilikazi
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 22.11.2006, 16:27 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003
Code:
dpkg -l
shows you the output formatted like this::
Code:
ii  acpi                                       0.09-1                              displays information on ACPI devices
ii  acpid                                      1.0.4-5                             Utilities for using ACPI power management
ii  adduser                                    3.99                                Add and remove users and groups

BUT apt will puke and die if it tries to read that so a simple way to make a kicklist of packages currently installed:
Code:
dpkg -l|grep ii|awk '{print $2}' |sed '1,5d'>packages.txt

and it gets formatted like this:
Code:
acpi
acpid
adduser

Now you can feed apt the list:
Code:
apt-get install $(<packages.txt)

There are several utilities/scripts out there that provide the same functionality if you want to look into it even further.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
h2
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 22.11.2006, 18:34 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Mar 2005

dpkg -l | cut -d ' ' -f 3 >> packages.txt

if you want it a bit simpler will do the same thing.

LRC
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 23.11.2006, 00:45 Uhr

Thankyou very much for all you help and sugestions. h2 gave me exactly what I wanted.

mzilikazi
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 23.11.2006, 02:06 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003
h2 hat folgendes geschrieben::
dpkg -l | cut -d ' ' -f 3 >> packages.txt

if you want it a bit simpler will do the same thing.

Well actually that does not work. 2 problems:

1) dpkg -l will also show you packages that are NOT installed but were at one time.

These are noted by 'rc' like so:
Code:
dpkg -l|less
ii  abcde                                 2.3.99.6-1                          A Better CD Encoder
rc  acm                                   5.0-23                              A multi-player aerial combat simulation

snip

So......abcde is installed but acm is not.
A kicklist made from this output will also install pkgs you thought you'd removed. Use grep ii

2) You are left with some garbage at the beginning of the file.
apt will barf. Try it. Winken Use sed '1,5d'

If you prefer cut over awk this works:
Code:
dpkg -l|grep ii|cut -d ' ' -f 3|sed '1,5d'>packages.txt

Code:
dpkg -l|grep ii|awk '{print $2}'|sed '1,5d'>packages.txt

Is there a shorter, better, faster, smarter way?
Maybe............... but once it's in a script it's all good.
As it stands you'll need to open the file in a text editor and prepare to remove (not comment) anything that apt cannot find. apt will immediately halt at this point.

Now what would be a cool addition to this rather puny script would be the ability to skip over any packages that are not available and simply dump them to a text file. You could also very easily make the outputted packages.txt be named for the date the file was made. Nice for archival purposes. Probably though we are reinventing an existing wheel! Smilie h2?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
LRC
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 25.11.2006, 05:58 Uhr

Good point as I have a lot of extras floting around that aren't installed. Thanx

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.