19.03.2024, 05:55 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Debian_Disciple
Titel: Problems launching Word 2000 with Wine  BeitragVerfasst am: 24.11.2006, 02:48 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Jul 2006

HI all,

I was wondering if you could help me figure out why I am unable to launch word 2000 under wine 0.9.25-1 Office seems to have installed OK it is located in /usr/share/ and when I attempt to configure wine my C; drive comes up and everything. this is a linux only box. but when I try to launch winword.exe I get this error

Zitat:
Invoking /usr/lib/wine/wine.bin winword.exe ...
wine: could not load L"c:\\windows\\system32\\winword.exe": Module not found
Wine failed with return code 126

how can I fix this thank you

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
UncleDeadley
Titel: RE: Problems launching Word 2000 with Wine  BeitragVerfasst am: 24.11.2006, 03:29 Uhr

Anmeldung: 24. Jun 2006
when I launch wine apps I have to be in the directory where the *.exe resides, or it doesn't launch. Have you tried that? You also might try over at Frank's Corner http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=office2000 or wine app db http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=5124.

You know about OpenOffice.org, right?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Debian_Disciple
Titel: Re: RE: Problems launching Word 2000 with Wine  BeitragVerfasst am: 24.11.2006, 04:02 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Jul 2006

UncleDeadley hat folgendes geschrieben::
when I launch wine apps I have to be in the directory where the *.exe resides, or it doesn't launch. Have you tried that? You also might try over at Frank's Corner http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=office2000 or wine app db http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=5124.

You know about OpenOffice.org, right?

UncleDeadley

Thank you yes I know about OO but the OO Grammer check does not cut it for me yet I am a bad bad speller. and I attempted to install office using franks conner. I will try launching word from the directory

Thanks Again

UncleDeadley
Titel: RE: Re: RE: Problems launching Word 2000 with Wine  BeitragVerfasst am: 24.11.2006, 18:40 Uhr

Anmeldung: 24. Jun 2006
I didn't know the grammar checker in word was any good. My wife (english teacher) often says it's just plain wrong and ruins perfectly good sentences. However, we were using office 97. Spellchecking is equivalent between apps.

I hope you can get it going.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
hubi
Titel: RE: Re: RE: Problems launching Word 2000 with Wine  BeitragVerfasst am: 24.11.2006, 19:14 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Jan 2006
You might try Crossover Office from http://www.codeweavers.com. Well, it is not an office suite, it's a Windows-API based on wine but with closed source as well. It works like wine, but far more sophisticated.

They have Betas out now for free, and they are mighty (have one here running). MS-Office runs very smoothly (at least Office 2000).

Usually a licence is 40 Dollars, but till now I lived with their betas and test versions, because I do not need Windows-programs all the time. But if I would need Windows apps all the time which just run under CxO, I would buy it.

It's a bit strange, but they financially support the wine team, so I am quite happy with their solutions.

hubi

drb
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 25.11.2006, 17:54 Uhr

Anmeldung: 03. Jul 2004

hubi

This is pushing this thread a bit but I tried the Beta version of Crossover and it has been flawless in the 5 applications I've tried (only one of which is fully supported). Two which failed with Wine (with no fixes apparent) work well.

Do you understand how fonts work? There appear to be some .fon fonts loaded but someone sent me a document with the Kristen ITC font. I don't have this installed and it isn't in the Crossover list so how is it rendering correctly (I checked it on a font download site and it is correct)?

Is the beta going to stop in 60 days?

drb

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.