10.05.2024, 14:47 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
LRC
Titel: nt_status_access_denied  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.11.2006, 07:08 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Apr 2006
Am Trying to get get my new printer working via a winxp box. I did have a previous printer detected and running, but this one is giving a problem. When I running the remote search all I get is an nt_status_access_denied error. There is no problem with intaction between the 2 boxes and the win xp printer is set for share. I filled in all details as far as location group name printer name ectera and although the driver was saying it sent a test page, nothing realy went. The old printer was an epson which had a driver already available, my new one is a brother which only recently has had a driver for linux that worked. This could be part of the problem I guess, but does anyone know of a way to persuade samba that the printer does indeed exist.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
analogtek
Titel: RE: nt_status_access_denied  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.11.2006, 07:39 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Jun 2006
http://localhost:631/ Try this on the Linux box and it might be a M$ problem too. The command get you cups access. It is one of the many places you will have to go.

piper
Titel: RE: nt_status_access_denied  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.11.2006, 21:53 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 03. Mai 2005
Have a look here
and you should wisely use http://localhost:631/ for setting up printers in linux

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
LRC
Titel: RE: nt_status_access_denied  BeitragVerfasst am: 24.11.2006, 03:49 Uhr

I diodn't seem to have any probs with the drivers beening installed although it seems I am having a prob with my M$ box seeing my Kano box. I did a resent 2006-01-rc4 installation over my old 2005-4 which has gone really well. This includes a firehol-tinyproxy-dansguardian setup. with my 2005-4 install the present conf files allowed M$ to see my Kano box fine, could it be that the new install also installed its own firewall which is blocking access, and if so can I deactivate it? This might look like a need for a new post, but if samba is not finding a printer on the M$ box could it be part of the prob.

eco2geek
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 24.11.2006, 06:59 Uhr

Anmeldung: 02. Mai 2004
If you're running the samba daemon, your computers are both on the same workgroup, and your workgroup is behind a firewall (like a router that does NAT), you should be OK printing through Samba.

For how to configure CUPS to work with Samba, see the CUPS admin guide's entries on printing from Windows clients (you'll need to modify /etc/smb.conf as they say) and on printing to Windows servers, in section 7.

If you have various people who log in to the Windows box, then it's a good idea to set up an account on the Windows box only for printer sharing, i.e. with a user name of "printer" and a password of "printer" (but be aware that Samba sends the username:password pair over the network unencrypted). Otherwise, as I understand it, you'd have to change the user:password pair to match whoever's logged in to the Windows box every time you wanted to print.

Personally (and apparently unlike everyone else here) I find KDE's front end to CUPS (KControl > Peripherals > Printers -- then log in as root) much more intuitive than the CUPS web-based interface (i.e. http://localhost:631), especially when you're adding a printer through Samba. Try them both and see which one you like better.

Now, if you have firewall software running on either computer, that certainly could interfere with printing across the network. Kanotix doesn't install a (software-based) firewall by default, though.

LRC
Titel: RE: nt_status_access_denied  BeitragVerfasst am: 24.11.2006, 07:55 Uhr

I think I have discovered part of the prob. When I tried to add printer through kcontrol I got an Unable to load requested driver syntax error unexpected '/'. http://localhost:631/ did setup printer, but I have had no success in getting it to go through the winxp box even though smbclient -L shows this:Domain=[*********] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

Sharename Type Comment
--------- ---- -------
Documents and Settings Disk
IPC$ IPC Remote IPC
SharedDocs Disk
My Music Disk
print$ Disk Printer Drivers
Documents Disk
C Disk
D Disk
BrotherM Printer Brother MFC-240C USB
Printer7 Printer Adobe PDF
My Download Files Disk
Downloads Disk
EXTRAS (E) Disk
Fonts Disk
Printer4 Printer CutePDF Printer
Printer5 Printer ClickBook Printer
Downloads1 Disk
BRYAN Disk
G Disk
Placement of Old Drives Disk
aa Disk
H Disk
Domain=[**********] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

LRC
Titel: RE: nt_status_access_denied  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.11.2006, 04:14 Uhr

Finally got it working by the method of if you at first don't succeed try try again.

eco2geek
Titel: RE: nt_status_access_denied  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.11.2006, 23:34 Uhr

Anmeldung: 02. Mai 2004
Glad to hear it.

One thing to add, for future reference, is that if you've got firewall software like ZoneAlarm running on the Windows box you're printing to, you have to a) put the local LAN's IP range in the "trusted zone," and b) allow Windows' networking components (like "svchost.exe") to connect to other computers in the "trusted zone."

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.