19.03.2024, 10:11 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
SentralOrigin
Titel: Best Torrent Client?  BeitragVerfasst am: 29.11.2006, 19:52 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Okt 2005
Which is the best torrent client to use for Kanotix? I live in school so I have no control over the router or firewall, but I used to use Azureus on Windows XP and I knew how to tweak the settings

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
cheko
Titel: RE: Best Torrent Client?  BeitragVerfasst am: 29.11.2006, 19:59 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Okt 2005

You can use Azureus!
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install azureus

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
hifi25nl
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 29.11.2006, 22:05 Uhr

Anmeldung: 16. Jun 2005

For me is Ktorrent. I had big problems with Azureus: connection to Internet completely lost for all software every few minutes...

Piero

markb
Titel: RE: Best Torrent Client?  BeitragVerfasst am: 29.11.2006, 22:06 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Aug 2004
I recently started using torrents and played with azureus and ktorrent before settling on ktorrent. Azureus is more fully featured but I figure I don't want such a heavyweight java app running as a background process. Ktorrent does everything you need and does it well. It also looks better than azureus given that it is a native KDE app.

phen
Titel: RE: Best Torrent Client?  BeitragVerfasst am: 29.11.2006, 22:14 Uhr

Anmeldung: 10. Nov 2004
heard about ktorrent being blocked on some trackers - real or rumor?

Crest
Titel: RE: Best Torrent Client?  BeitragVerfasst am: 30.11.2006, 00:26 Uhr

Anmeldung: 03. Okt 2006
Seems to be real but I don't know why, under Windows I'm used to uTorrent.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
SentralOrigin
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 30.11.2006, 00:35 Uhr

I want to use something different...I tried using Azureus but it doesn't download anything which I think is because of my school firewall and I have no control over it...If I use ktorrent I can download the same thing, but at slow speeds like 3 kb/s

Crest
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 30.11.2006, 00:40 Uhr

Well, maybe at your school they are slowing down ports which are usually used by Torrent clients. Or it's a bad seeder / leecher ratio, network overload, whatever Winken

piper
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 30.11.2006, 02:55 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 03. Mai 2005
I use BitTornado

Crest hat folgendes geschrieben::
Seems to be real but I don't know why, under Windows I'm used to uTorrent.

Me too Smilie

The uTorrent guys are promising a client for linux with the next major release...

You can try

HOW TO INSTALL µTORRENT TO WORK UNDER LINUX

Crest
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 30.11.2006, 03:41 Uhr

Thanks for the uTorrent (guide) link but I think I will wait for the real Linux client then Smilie

Edit: Seems that there is quite a number of Torrent clients avail. but if you want working ipfilter.dat support then you are quite limited. Therefore uTorrent will be definitly nice to see.

SentralOrigin
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 30.11.2006, 09:19 Uhr

Crest hat folgendes geschrieben::
Well, maybe at your school they are slowing down ports which are usually used by Torrent clients. Or it's a bad seeder / leecher ratio, network overload, whatever Winken
No, it's because the school doesn't open up any ports. I always get torrents with more seeders than downloaders

doknir
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 30.11.2006, 11:45 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Jun 2006
Hello!

IIRC There used to be a problem with files larger than 2 GB (or was the problem
with particular filesystem) with KTorrent. What is the best linux torrent client
for files larger than 4 GB ???

Thanks, Roman

phen
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 30.11.2006, 12:02 Uhr

Anmeldung: 10. Nov 2004
fat32 is limited at 4gb.. besides that (copying >4gb-files from reiserfs to fat), i never had trouble with t-clients downloading large files.. and i used ktorrent too. so, i dont think it depends on the used torrent-client.

is your incoming-folder on a fat32-partition?

doknir
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 30.11.2006, 14:11 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Jun 2006
Hello!

No, it was not FAT32 IIRC. Maybe the incoming folder was located on the network share ...

Roman

zonker666
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 30.11.2006, 14:22 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Jun 2006

i like azureus the most, its very configurable and whenever i tried something else i allways missed some feature from azureus. You can have it send you a sms (if you pay) when a particular file is finished! And you can have it run ip-filters to highten security

damentz
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 01.12.2006, 03:31 Uhr

Anmeldung: 01. Dez 2006

That guide for running utorrent through wine is gigantic. Simply put it somewhere logical like ~/apps/utorrent/utorrent.exe, navigate to it, and run wine utorrent.exe .

You can also create an application shortcut to it with kde, just remember to set the workpath to the directory the executable is in or you could run into problems.

ironwalker
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 01.12.2006, 03:59 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Jan 2005
I like qBITTorrent

Crest
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 01.12.2006, 04:25 Uhr

Is IP blocking through ipfilter.dat supported (and working)? Seems to be a problem for some clients which are using rlibtorrent 0.11

damentz
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 01.12.2006, 05:28 Uhr

Anmeldung: 01. Dez 2006

IP blocking is fruitless, use encryption (obfuscation) and use torrents with massive amounts of seeders and leechers if you think you will be caught.

Mike Shepard
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 18.12.2006, 20:31 Uhr

Anmeldung: 20. Mai 2005

I've tried using other clients but in the end I always remain happy using bittornado (with the gui). I find that it is simple, small, and to the point. It always works great and never fails me, I've been using it for years now and still love it. I would definently try it out, it's already included with kanotix and you can get the gui by using apt.

On another note I just started messing around with Opera Browser again and noticed it has a torrent client built into it which seems to work pretty nice.

-Mike

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.