19.03.2024, 14:01 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
fraterp
Titel: Problem with Iceweasel and Java  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.12.2006, 02:58 Uhr

Anmeldung: 14. Mar 2006

Hi all.

I'm hoping someone can give me some guidence with a problem i am having. I have installed Iceweasel and it seems to run very well, the only problem is with my java.

Whenever i go to a site or try to enter a chat area on a site that uses java i get a popup saying that i need to install extra extensions and it is always Java.

I have java installed and for some reason it will not recognize it even though i have java checked in the browser settings.

I even pulled up about:config in the browser and looked for the java settings and changed the

java.default_java_location_others: to /usr/java/jre1.5.0_06/bin

Which is where my java is installed. I also have the javaplugin link set correctly as stated on the main page install here. Still no luck! Traurig

Anyone have any suggestions that may help?

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance Smilie

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
damentz
Titel: RE: Problem with Iceweasel and Java  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.12.2006, 06:06 Uhr

Anmeldung: 01. Dez 2006

apt-get install sun-java5-plugin sun-java5-jre && apt-get remove --purge a*j2re

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
craigevil
Titel: RE: Problem with Iceweasel and Java  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.12.2006, 17:10 Uhr

Anmeldung: 29. Mar 2005
File name: /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.10/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0_10

Which is where apt-get install sun-java5-plugin sun-java5-jre installs it normally works just fine.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ-Nummer 
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.