28.03.2024, 12:54 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
LinAck386
Titel: Ndiswrapper help  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.02.2007, 04:06 Uhr

Anmeldung: 01. Feb 2007

I'm trying to use my Dell Wireless 1500 Draft 802.11n WLAN mini Card on my Inspiron E1705 using Kantoix RC4. So I installed the .inf file using ndiswrapper.

When I type in ndiswrapper -l it gives me this list

Installed drivers:
2802w driver installed
bcmwl5 driver installed, hardware present
fwlan driver installed

but when I type in ndiswrapper -m it gives me this

module configuration contains directive install pci:v00001260d00003890sv00001113sd00008301bc*sc*i* /sbin/modprobe ndiswrapper
;you should delete thatmodule configuration contains directive install pci:v00001260d00003890sv00001113sd0000EE03bc*sc*i* /sbin/modprobe ndiswrapper
;you should delete thatmodule configuration contains directive install usb:v057Cp5601d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* /sbin/modprobe ndiswrapper
;you should delete thatmodule configuration contains directive install usb:v057Cp6201d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip* /sbin/modprobe ndiswrapper
;you should delete thatmodprobe config already contains alias directive

and when I run modprobe ndiswrapper it doesn't show my wlan0 when I type in iwconfig

also when I enter dmesg it says this in the ndiswrapper part

ndiswrapper version 1.23 loaded (preempt=yes,smp=yes)
ndiswrapper (check_nt_hdr:155): kernel is 32-bit, but Windows driver is not 32-bit;bad magic: 020B
ndiswrapper (load_sys_files:214): couldn't prepare driver 'bcmwl5'
ndiswrapper (load_wrap_driver:113): loadndiswrapper failed (65280); check system log for messages from 'loadndisdriver'
usbcore: registered new driver ndiswrapper

Can anyone help me get this card working so that when I boot up my machine it connects to my network or atleast get my card working at all?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Kano
Titel: RE: Ndiswrapper help  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.02.2007, 14:03 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

ndiswrapper -m is outdated, use -ma or -a (that depends on ndiswrapper version). Also the driver you try is already in the kernel, you would not need ndiswrapper at all. Usually you only need:

dpkg-reconfigure bcm43xx-fwcutter

and select to download firmware.

LinAck386
Titel: RE: Ndiswrapper help  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.02.2007, 16:56 Uhr

I tryed to dpkg-reconfigure bcm43xx-fwcutter and when I typed in iwconfig my device still didn't show up is there anything else you'd recommand?

Kano
Titel: RE: Ndiswrapper help  BeitragVerfasst am: 01.02.2007, 17:24 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

rm -rf /etc/ndiswrapper

rm /etc/modprobe.conf

reboot

LinAck386
Titel: RE: Ndiswrapper help  BeitragVerfasst am: 07.02.2007, 01:25 Uhr

Sorry I havn't been back in a few days but I've been extremely busy. But anyways those Ideas didn't work. I did have this card working on my last install though not on startup. This problem started as I deacided to redo my system from a duel boot to a full linux and make it a fresh install for fun. Anyways I think I might have found the problem. when I type in ndiswrapper -v to get the version I get this.

utils Error: no version specified!
driver version: 1.23
vermagic: 2.6.18-kanotix-1 SMP preempt mod_unload 586 gcc-4.1

Now I checked in kpackage and I have the ndiswrapper Utils installed but I guess it's not linking to the program. Any advise? And thx for all of your help so far.

mdmarmer
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 07.02.2007, 01:47 Uhr

Anmeldung: 22. Mar 2006
bcm43xx driver works really well with newer kernel -- run bcm43xx-fwcutter against your Windows firmware (.sys file)

Also you need 32-bit drivers for 32-bit system
64-bit drivers for 64-bit system

If ndiswrapper still works better for you, you need to blacklist bcm43xx -- the 2 drivers interfere with one another

That is why Master Kano asked you to remove ndiswrapper before trying the native driver

to blacklist
add (as root) to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
blacklist bcm43xx

Also note that, when you install the .inf file with ndiswrapper, .sys file must be in the same folder in linux

Mike

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.