19.03.2024, 06:09 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
homer911
Titel: Help with Speedtouch 330 USB Modem Setup  BeitragVerfasst am: 27.01.2007, 12:46 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Jun 2005
Hi All.

Having changed to ADSL my ISP has sent me the ST330 Modem, which I am having fun trying to get to work with Linux.

When I boot I get the following Message:

speedtch 1-1:1.0: speedtch_find_firmware: no stage 1 firmware found

Where does it need to be ?

Thanks

Homer

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Kano
Titel: RE: Help with Speedtouch 330 USB Modem Setup  BeitragVerfasst am: 27.01.2007, 15:51 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

It is on the vendor's homepage. I will not add it.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
homer911
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 27.01.2007, 19:50 Uhr

Thanks Kano,

I downloaded it and used a script from SpeedTouchConf to set it up and got an modem run error 235 http://steve-parker.org/speedtouchconf/

Looks like I go shopping again Smilie Try for a FritzCard I think

Cheers

mogogow
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 28.01.2007, 00:40 Uhr

Anmeldung: 14. Okt 2005
Look at the FAQ page. It gives the reason for modem run error 235.

Cheers

titan
Titel: Re: Help with Speedtouch 330 USB Modem Setup  BeitragVerfasst am: 28.01.2007, 11:55 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Mai 2005
homer911 hat folgendes geschrieben::
Hi All.

Having changed to ADSL my ISP has sent me the ST330 Modem, which I am having fun trying to get to work with Linux.

Homer

A couple of points, usually when an ISP gives a modem "free" it means a longer contract, which if they turn out to be rubbish may cost you more than the £18 for a st330 .Have a look here to see what others think of the UK's ISPs http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/ A wires only service with a 1 month contract give you more flexibility. Linux is in it's element with networks and a router/modem is very simple to set up with no extra drivers needed, just plug it in to your lan card and from a browser put in it's IP address often 192.168.1.1 and you get a GUI to input your details, you will be connected in less than a minute , they all have firewalls included.

homer911
Titel: Problem Solved  BeitragVerfasst am: 13.02.2007, 17:26 Uhr

Got it working.

As for Uk(gb) ISPś - ????? Whatever

Thanks

Gerard

ps: Kano I removed the speedtouch deb that you installed. (Don´t know why but it confused the kernel Smilie

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.