19.03.2024, 05:57 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
cartesienne
Titel: Nokia phone as a mass storage device?  BeitragVerfasst am: 25.06.2006, 19:27 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Feb 2006

I have Nokia 7610 and wonder if it would be possible to trick it into behaving like a USB stick. Right now Kanotix doesn't recognize it when connected via the proprietary USB cable. I really only need to be able to swap photos and videos between the mobile and PC, no syncing or Internet connection.
Bluetooth and Gnokii failed me.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
mzilikazi
Titel: Re: Nokia phone as a mass storage device?  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.06.2006, 00:57 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003
cartesienne hat folgendes geschrieben::
I have Nokia 7610 and wonder if it would be possible to trick it into behaving like a USB stick. Right now Kanotix doesn't recognize it when connected via the proprietary USB cable. I really only need to be able to swap photos and videos between the mobile and PC, no syncing or Internet connection.
Bluetooth and Gnokii failed me.

Quantify "doesn't recognize........"
Try the shell and see if it's listed there.
Code:
lsusb

If so see if it has a partition table.
Code:
su
fdisk -l

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
cartesienne
Titel: RE: Re: Nokia phone as a mass storage device?  BeitragVerfasst am: 27.06.2006, 23:23 Uhr

It is listed with lsusb command, but doesn't appear on the partion list with fdisk, so I guess it's not possible to connect it this way.
(By "doesn't recognize" I really meant it isn't recognized automagically, like a regular USB drive, when I connect the cable.)

schnorrer
Titel: RE: Re: Nokia phone as a mass storage device?  BeitragVerfasst am: 28.06.2006, 04:30 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

your cellphone is not only recognized as a usb-stick, but also as a usb-modem and this is the first funxtion what linux recognied.

Other thing, is the Stck-function enabel in te cellphone? And is exchange-function enabeld too? (NOKIA)

mzilikazi
Titel: Re: RE: Re: Nokia phone as a mass storage device?  BeitragVerfasst am: 28.06.2006, 22:17 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003
cartesienne hat folgendes geschrieben::
It is listed with lsusb command, but doesn't appear on the partion list with fdisk, so I guess it's not possible to connect it this way.
(By "doesn't recognize" I really meant it isn't recognized automagically, like a regular USB drive, when I connect the cable.)

Well this is really beyond me since I have an aversion to cell phones in general and would never own one. At least post the output of lsusb and let's try some googling to see what we find. You just never know. Smilie You might also have a look @ dmesg after plugging in the phone and see what the kernel has to say about it.

BTW, just to clarify (since this seems to be a somewhat common mistake) the command is fdisk - (lower case L) and not the number 1 and of course it must be issued as root not user.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
schnorrer
Titel: Re: RE: Re: Nokia phone as a mass storage device?  BeitragVerfasst am: 28.06.2006, 23:40 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

btw, I'm not very familar with celphones, some may be used with BT and no spezial sw, some as a modem-repalcement also no special sw, some like usb-sticks, and some with a lot of more functions, special sw is needed.

Since the cellphone is getting more useability like a camera, pda with telefone funktions.

Along with NOKIA, they have a real good website with linux-support. nokia.com or nokia.fi.

cartesienne
Titel: RE: Re: RE: Re: Nokia phone as a mass storage device?  BeitragVerfasst am: 29.06.2006, 14:33 Uhr

lsusb gives me this info:

Code:
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 044e:3001 Alps Electric Co., Ltd UGTZ4 Bluetooth
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0421:0411 Nokia Mobile Phones
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 046d:c00e Logitech, Inc. M-BJ69 Optical Wheel Mouse
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

Bluetooth wasn't working last time I tried, btw.

dmesg output is really long and I'm unable to identify the relevant lines.

gmx99
Titel: RE: Re: RE: Re: Nokia phone as a mass storage device?  BeitragVerfasst am: 04.03.2007, 21:32 Uhr

Anmeldung: 04. Sep 2006

you have to change on phone from data network to data storage....

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.