19.03.2024, 06:00 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Daniele
Titel: KNOPPIX 5.2.0 available (German-only)  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.03.2007, 12:08 Uhr

Anmeldung: 23. Mai 2004
This is a special, German-only edition designed for the CeBIT exhibition.

Download it from LinuxTracker (torrent):

http://www.linuxtracker.org/download.ph ... so.torrent

Mr Klaus Knopper has also announced that a public release, version 5.2.1, will follow soon, probably in April (also in English? I would think so)

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Daddy-G
Titel: KNOPPIX 5.2.0 available (German-only)  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.03.2007, 14:59 Uhr

Anmeldung: 01. Mar 2005

The english forum knopper.net was a little late with the news, there was a diskussion in the german knoppix forum before (http://www.elearnit.de/knoppix/forum/).
A huge packet listand a lot of nice things, but as a live-dvd it's slow. I'll try it later with CD. First release of the new installer seems to be buggy, perhaps with 5.2.1 it will improve.

Daniele
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 26.03.2007, 15:31 Uhr

Anmeldung: 23. Mai 2004
I'll also wait for 5.2.1.
While I can read German reasonably well, I still prefer English, I am much more used to it (to some extent even more so than Italian).

eco2geek
Titel: Changing the language is easy  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.03.2007, 18:25 Uhr

Anmeldung: 02. Mai 2004
The cheatcodes "lang=us keyboard=us" work. (The default keyboard layout is German, so "=" is shift-0, and the "y" and "z" keys are reversed.) Once you get into KDE, you might have to go into kcontrol and change the language setting to English, but that's not difficult.

As before, the nice thing about the DVD is that it contains the kernel headers, so, if you have enough memory, you can use the "3d" cheatcode, install the proprietary nvidia driver, then use Beryl, all in live mode.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.