19.03.2024, 02:58 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
mzilikazi
Titel: Re: RE: Re: Update  BeitragVerfasst am: 21.08.2006, 00:40 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003
Mike Shepard hat folgendes geschrieben::
Anyone ever got entropy to work? It looks like a cool file manager but it always crashs on me a bit after I start it up. I have all the evfs plugins installed and I believe all the files it needs but still crashes, any idea's?

Any of the E based file managers are for testing at best. I don't think you could use any of them for anything serious. In fact it's probably a bad idea unless you're on a test box.

Zitat:
BTW: Engage seems to be broken again, luckily I kept a previous .deb of it and just reverted and it works fine. Smilie

Cheers,
Mike

I've seen no issues with engage personally on 2 boxes through all of the upgrades for the last month or so.

Amazing the rate at which new debs are being produced now that the archive is @ edevelop.org isn't it?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Mike Shepard
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 21.08.2006, 07:37 Uhr

Anmeldung: 20. Mai 2005

hmm... this might complicate things:

Zitat:
CVS changes and new Section on Get-E - Brian 'morlenxus' Miculcy [All my articles] (Sun, 20 Aug 2006 15:43:15 +0100)

As you probably noticed, a few modules (calendar, cpu, eloquence, engage, devian, evolume, wlan) don't work anymore with the current cvs version of e17.
This is because of a remove of the old gadman code. The future is the shelf, so this was expected.

Also there's a change in the /Resources section of get-e:
The modules section was long time without updates, the last module eloquence is not working anymore, so i removed this subsection.
So what's left in the Resources section? Nothing? Well look again! Yes, we have a new subsection:
It's called Applications and maintained by Andrew 'sevcsik' Sevcsik. His idea was to have a place where all applications are listed, providing a short information and a screenshot about each application. So hopefully the section is growing much. Smilie If you have any suggestions or you're coding an application using the efl just contact him, and he will add it.

I think I may do a backup before upgrading again...

Cheers,
Mike

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden  
mzilikazi
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 28.08.2006, 14:31 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

E17 status report 8.29.06:

Several modules are not yet converted to the latest shelf code e.g. Engage and Photo modules. None of the themes are yet working including the Winter theme (even tho edevelop says it is working). None of the applications appear in the menus. I have yet to look further into this menu issue. It really isn't a good time to upgrade E17.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
mzilikazi
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 10.09.2006, 21:30 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

New E17 repo for your sources.list. (Howto has been updated). Remove the old source OR change it to look like so:
Code:
deb http://www.edevelop.org/debian unstable main

Install the new key:
Code:
gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-keys 1F41B907
apt-key add /root/.gnupg/pubring.gpg

You NO LONGER need to pin e17 in /etc/apt/preferences. REMOVE E17 from /etc/apt/preferences or you may experience some problems!

mzilikazi
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 14.09.2006, 15:59 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Just a little update on the status of E17. It's coming along quite nicely now with lots of improvements and more stability.

Currently, Engage is still not 100% and is available only as a stand alone application which does not work on all virtual desktops but rather is limited to one desktop. I've been using ibar in the interim.

Devian module is also not working yet so no cool transparent RSS feeds on your desktop.

The Mixer module is working fine now. No more missing mixers!
Control panel is also improved and the icon set is almost complete.

Some new themes have been added to get-e.org and some of the older ones have yet to be updated to work with latest E17 code.

E17 is now using FDO standards and .desktop files for menu generation. e17genmenu is still not 100% but it is improving and finds most applications automatically. I have not yet been successful pointing e17genmenu to my preferred gentoo icon set.

Currently my desktop looks like this.
Never thought I'd like a Yellow theme! Smilie E17 theme is Kor and the GTK theme is Nuvola Yellow.

piper
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 14.09.2006, 17:47 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 03. Mai 2005
hmm, isn't this the pub key

gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-keys 7E5D69A103CA4243

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
mzilikazi
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 14.09.2006, 17:59 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

piper hat folgendes geschrieben::
hmm, isn't this the pub key

gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-keys 7E5D69A103CA4243

You only need to use the last 8 digits of the key.
Does this mean you're about to try E17? Winken

piper
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 14.09.2006, 18:57 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 03. Mai 2005
hehe, yes Smilie and yes forgot about last 8 Winken

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
zonker666
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 14.09.2006, 22:58 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Jun 2006

Uhm, im a little confused, where is this folder for the icons, i dont find it anywhere?

~/.e/e/applications/all

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
mzilikazi
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 14.09.2006, 23:52 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

zonker666 hat folgendes geschrieben::
Uhm, im a little confused, where is this folder for the icons, i dont find it anywhere?

~/.e/e/applications/all

It will get created the first time you log into E17.
BTW the ~ represents your users home directory so you could read the above line like so:

/home/usename/.e/e/applications/all

zonker666
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 15.09.2006, 13:41 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Jun 2006

ok, thanks. Im looking forward to try out e17 now!

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
mzilikazi
Titel: What about E17 & compiz/beryl/xgl/aiglx?  BeitragVerfasst am: 04.10.2006, 00:23 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Well e17 runs fine on both Xgl & AIGLX. They're just Xservers. Compiz & Beryl are gl composting window managers. E17 does its own window management and neither compiz nor beryl work w/ e17. There is a composting manager for e17 called Bling but it's only a module for xcompmgr and therefor can only do non-gl composting and is really only good for transparency and menu fading effects. In other words you won't get the spinning cube when you switch desktops or the wobbly windows since open gl is what makes this possible. The latest word is that E18 will have a native composting manager.

Latest Screenshot with a background taken by yours truly. Colorado in the fall.

From lists.freedesktop.org/archives:
Zitat:
Wed, 08 Mar 2006
as of yesterday e17 is "composite" ready - ie argb windows composite properly - but it has and will have no built-in composite manager until likely e18 or so.
--
------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------
The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler) raster at rasterman.com
裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)

Zitat:
On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:59:01 -0400 "Carl Bolduc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> Hi,
>
> Now that AIGLX is inside xorg, is there plans for E to use composite effects
> such as the ones that metacity and compiz are using? Maybe in 0.18 Winken
>
> Bye bye,

we have made it clear - e17 is not using xcomposite & friends - they are too
immature, unstable and resource intensive. aiglx SIMPLY allows for a GL based
composite manager to work sanely - it makes it possible. you are free to write
a gl based composite manager - if you like - but we have a lot more important
things to work on that don't rely on closed drivers to work properly or
bleeding edge hardware.

X in general has big big big big issues w3hen it comes to video memory
management in composited environments. if you don't have at least 128mb of video
ram - forget it (imho). and even if you do - the more, the better.

the technology needs to mature - the drivers need to - x needs to.

--
------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------
The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler) [EMAIL PROTECTED]
裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)

In other news E17 is progressing nicely. The configuration panel has seen alot of work lately and most of the icons are now finished.

There is a script in cvs called eap_to_desktop and its purpose is to convert all of your old eap files in ~/.e/e/applications/all to .desktop files. Beware! you MUST have libeet0-dev installed or this script will fail. Previous versions would render your .eap files into crap (although it did make a backup). At my request the script has been fixed so that it does no longer do this and instead simply fails to run.

Why the switch to .desktop? Well E17 is getting in line with FDO standards by using .desktop files instead of .eap files. This makes menu building much easier.

Speaking of menus......They work pretty good now - even the Debian menu is there. I don't believe it always finds all applications yet but it's getting close.

The updates for e17 are very quick. Usually about 3 or 4 updates per week. That's keeping very close with cvs without all the hassles of compiling it all yourself.

Engage is still not updated and is apparently undergoing some reconstruction.

mzilikazi
Titel: RE: What about E17 & compiz/beryl/xgl/aiglx?  BeitragVerfasst am: 14.11.2006, 16:47 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Small updates for E17:
New Icon theme selection tool in Configuration Panel
New Hibernate/Suspend options in E17 System menu.
Themes come and go in E17. If they are not updated to reflect the current cvs they often times break.
Be sure you are using up to date themes!

Check out the Animated backgrounds for E17.

Someone (they won't say who) has been paying coding bounties to anyone interested in coding for E17. This means that alot of things have been sped up and are getting finished rather quickly. When does E17 go beta? Who knows??? Maybe before the end of this decade. Winken

My guess on the coding bounties is Yellowdog Linux. They want E17 as their desktop. Keep in mind that I am frequently mistaken. Any other rumors?

Mike Shepard
Titel: RE: What about E17 & compiz/beryl/xgl/aiglx?  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.12.2006, 14:57 Uhr

E17 is still working as great as ever, still using it as my everyday wm. I've noticed that the bling module isn't working currently but didn't really us it anyways. I'm still anxiously awaiting engage and devian modules to start working again, but it's still working great right now, I'm going to have to mess with getting that hibernate working. I would like to add that one important thing (maybe should be added to the main how-to) is that e17 uses real transparency and until the e17 terminal " Enterminus" is working we won't be able to utilize it but there is still support for fake-transparency (which may be removed later) which can be used by eterm or xfce-terminal (my favorite) using esetroot which is included with eterm. To use it just type "Esetroot -s ~/picture.png", then just tell your terminal to use transparency. I have it start with e17 but adding it to your .xinitrc will do the trick also. Also for those of you using Yakuake and want one for e17 to use, tilda works great and is almost the same. Hope this helps some

-Mike

mzilikazi
Titel: Re: RE: What about E17 & compiz/beryl/xgl/aiglx?  BeitragVerfasst am: 26.12.2006, 15:11 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Mike Shepard hat folgendes geschrieben::
I would like to add that one important thing (maybe should be added to the main how-to) is that e17 uses real transparency and until the e17 terminal " Enterminus" is working we won't be able to utilize it but there is still support for fake-transparency (which may be removed later) which can be used by eterm or xfce-terminal (my favorite) using esetroot which is included with eterm. To use it just type "Esetroot -s ~/picture.png", then just tell your terminal to use transparency.

My preference for fake transparency is to use the emodule0-photo. Not only will it set your wallpaper but it also calls esetroot each time you switch wallpapers. All of your transparent things like terms, conky, audacious playlist window have fake transparency.

Engage does in fact work but not as a e17 module. Instead only the stand-alone version is working at this time (AFAIK). That said I dislike the way it behaves and have had no luck getting it to display on all desktops. I certainly preferred the old engage to the new.

Mike Shepard
Titel: RE: Re: RE: What about E17 & compiz/beryl/xgl/aiglx?  BeitragVerfasst am: 06.03.2007, 18:37 Uhr

If you want to try the new Forecasts module (which is the Weather module with a nice popup showing forecasts) then do:

apt-get install emodule0-forecasts
then rename /usr/lib/enlightenment/modules/forcasts/linux-gnu-i486 to linux-gnu-i686

I like it, it works pretty nice. I'm still missing the devian and engage modules the most though. Hopefully they will get updated at some point in the near future.

-Mike

neu2linux
Titel: I'm a little lost here.  BeitragVerfasst am: 31.03.2007, 21:26 Uhr

Anmeldung: 01. Mar 2007
ok, I followed the instructions, but I am let with these errors...

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
e17-extras: Depends: estickies but it is not going to be installed
Depends: ephoto but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
root@EricsKanotixBox:/home/eneu#

It seems that the problem is that Kanotixs libc6 is a 2.3.6 version, but estickies requires a 2.5 version or greater... Where can I find that package, and will it corrupt my current Kanotix installation(cause any problems)?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.