19.03.2024, 10:23 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
freshmeadow
Titel: Iceweasel in Thorhammer will not intialize media plugins  BeitragVerfasst am: 06.09.2007, 20:16 Uhr

Anmeldung: 05. Aug 2006
Greetings. I have searched the forums but have not found this issue, at least in English. Iceweasel will not initialize media plugins for internet radio such as RealPlayer or Kaffeine, even though all plugins are shown in about:plugins as ready and available. Has anyone else had this issue?
All plugins will work in Konqueror, though.
Thank you.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
ockham23
Titel: Iceweasel in Thorhammer will not intialize media plugins  BeitragVerfasst am: 07.09.2007, 22:56 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Mar 2005

NPR (www.npr.org) has modified the audio links ("Listen" buttons) for All Things Considered and other programs. As a result, Iceweasel fails to launch realplayer as an external player even though file associations for .smil are correct. In order to make the "Listen" buttons work again, you have to
1. edit Iceweasel settings to allow pop-up windows from www.npr.org and to
2. copy ../Realplayer/Mozilla/nphelix.so to /usr/lib/iceweasel/plugins directory and ../Realplayer/Mozilla/nphelix.xpt to /usr/lib/iceweasel/components directory.

Iceweasel will now run realplayer as an internal player as expected by the launcher pop-up window.

freshmeadow
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 08.09.2007, 02:07 Uhr

Thank you ockham23. I will do that. How do you like Thorhammer so far?
Danke.

ockham23
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 08.09.2007, 07:10 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Mar 2005

I installed it on my father's computer yesterday because it supports his oldish internal dsl modem. There was only one minor issue, and I was able to resolve it rather quickly. I am relieved that Kano is back in business. Thorhammer preserves the original LiveCD functionality that sidux dropped a while ago.

But I also use sidux. slh and his team are doing a great job. It's amazing how far they've come in just nine months.

freshmeadow
Titel: Thorhammer and media players  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.09.2007, 17:44 Uhr

Thanks again, ocham23. Your solution worked like a charm.
I too am glad that Kano is back in business. I tried Kubuntu but found it a little too pre-packaged fro me. i like to tweak my own system, I am dual-booting with OpenSuse on a second hd.
Cheers.('Smilie')

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.