19.03.2024, 05:23 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
lone_wolf
Titel: Happy Kanotix User  BeitragVerfasst am: 17.11.2007, 03:00 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Nov 2007

Hi all. Noob here. First up thanks to Kano for the best distro ever. I have been playing around with linux for about 4 years now and I have settled on debian based with KDE as my flavour. I have installed well over 50 different distros and as my liking for debian/KDE developed the shortlist became really short. I used Kanotix on and off from the early days and it was always a favourite.

But 2007 Thorhammer is the greatest. Pure debian has come closest to Kanotix as far as stability and reliability is concerned but I used to come across a few hiccups that are just not here. The Kano touch.

The other distros that purport to be debian based/KDE/ are Sidux,Mepis & Kubuntu. Good distro's in their own right but at various times their fragility rears its ugly head.

I set each distro up the same way with the same apps and do the same with all. The only distro I haven't broken yet is Kanotix. Sehr glücklich

I have dist-upgraded (init 3) to sid and still stable, solid and everything working. I guess upgrading to sid may not be good advice in the interests of stability but for me I am experiencing no problems whatsoever.

Thanks again Kano and the rest of the Kanotix community. Lachen

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
ayebegeebee
Titel: RE: Happy Kanotix User  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.11.2007, 18:56 Uhr

Anmeldung: 15. Aug 2006

Zitat:

I have dist-upgraded (init 3) to sid and still stable, solid and everything working. I guess upgrading to sid may not be good advice in the interests of stability but for me I am experiencing no problems whatsoever.

tick, tick, tick.....

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
spacepenguin
Titel: Re: Happy Kanotix User  BeitragVerfasst am: 23.11.2007, 21:20 Uhr

Anmeldung: 10. Dez 2004
lone_wolf hat folgendes geschrieben::
The only distro I haven't broken yet is Kanotix. Sehr glücklich

I have dist-upgraded (init 3) to sid

So actually - you did break it.

Linux-Userin #213445
LastFM-Musikstatistik für Kanoten
Kanotix, siduction, Kubuntu, antiX

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.