19.03.2024, 08:19 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
wh7qq
Titel: Happy Camper!  BeitragVerfasst am: 16.02.2008, 23:30 Uhr

Anmeldung: 04. Jul 2005
Thanks again to Kano for this great distro. I have been struggling to get my old Compaq 1692 happy. It is a laptop with a K-6 II at 433 mhz , 192 meg memory and a 6 gig hd. I loaded Thorhammer RC7 without a problem and then wen't to work tuning and pruning. Out went OO and an lot of other stuff including desktop and boot graphics and in came Abiword, Gnumeric, KStars, and more and it all runs at reasonable (if not fast) speed so long as I don't try to run too much stuff at the same time. The key to happiness is keeping the memory loading below the swap threshold. My setup with kde but no applications running is using 50 M (23 in runlevel 3) and with Iceweasel it rises up into the 60's. I have wireless working with a Netgear WG111T usb dongle...ndiswrapper worked great but had to do it by hand because multiple .inf files are needed.

I was not able to get it this nice by going from a minimal etch install. Kanotix is great!

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.