19.03.2024, 02:17 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
essenby
22 Titel: Reading Shares on Wiindows boxes.  BeitragVerfasst am: 03.09.2010, 13:24 Uhr

Anmeldung: 03. Sep 2010

Please help a Microshaft slave shake off the shackles and become a free man.

I have a Toshiba A100 laptop with WIdoze Vista Home Basic installed and is is a prize DOG. I see more of the disk activity light and the hourglass than any of the work I want to do. However, it is able to connect freely to the aging XP bow upstairs via my wireless LAN and read all of the shared folders.

Kanotix absolutely sparkles on my laptop - running as a Live USB system. I can "see" the XP box, I can "see" the shares - but when I try to access them I am asked for a user name and password and I have no idea what to enter. Do I use an XP user account, or a Kanotix User Account and ensure a corresponding account exists on the XP box or what?

There are User Accounts on the XP box - but the main one is set up with no password. Is that the problem? Or am I fighting a losing battle here?

Please help - I would dearly love to ditch the b**** that is Vista but I need access to those shares to do so. Any help would be dearly appreciated.

Barrie

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
keepcalm
Titel: Reading Shares on Wiindows boxes.  BeitragVerfasst am: 03.09.2010, 14:54 Uhr

Anmeldung: 03. Aug 2010

Hello essenby.

I'm not sure what you mean.

You have a laptop with vista and you want to delete this OS?
Before you delete vista, you should like to safe any files from vista?
And you have a second laptop or PC with win XP?

greeting keepcalm
(my english is very bad)

Zuletzt bearbeitet von keepcalm am 03.09.2010, 18:21 Uhr, insgesamt ein Mal bearbeitet

Kano
Titel: Reading Shares on Wiindows boxes.  BeitragVerfasst am: 03.09.2010, 16:51 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

Of course you need user/pass from your win box to access shares.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.